Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by plance1:
Do you have to take the windshield out to drill? Im in need of doing something, the dealer that I go to tells me I need a whole new dash and the repair kit wont work. Im looking at my options, I did a search and this post came up along with a few others. Exploring my options, any advice???? Thanks.

Whole new dash?? Doubt it. Post a picture of your dash warp. Hector had it pretty bad & got his lookin' nice. I plan to do something similar in the near future.

You have a few choices:
1. Dash fix
2. Install new dash from dealer
3. Hectorize your dash with a 98 or older vent trim
4. Install 98 or older dash

I actually have a dash fix kit, but I haven't installed it because I HATE the look. Maybe painting the black vent trim to match the dash color would make it better...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
TBoomer Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I went to 2 dealers this week.
First dealer estimate: $1200 for a new dash installed

Second dealer: $1600 for a new dash installed.

I didn't really stick around to find out why the price was so different, but the service manager chased me down outside and gave me a phone number to call...a local trim restoration shop. I stopped by the shop and they came out and took a look.
"Ah, yeah...another Contour. $220 or so."

Seems the dealer I went to keeps sending them down to this shop. He said he's done dozens and they seem to hold up pretty good. He said he uses Silicone cement.
Thoughts?

2000 Silver Frost SVT # 1637/2150 D.O.B. 01/14/2000
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard