Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
so - here's the story... last night, dark and stormy... raining pretty decently.

I'm in NorCal...

i'm driving to meet my G/F and i'm doing about 5 under the speed limit (40 in a 45 zone) because i'm talking to her on the cellphone and i generally reduce speed while multitasking... I'm noticing a newer nissan maxima behind me, following VERY closely - so obviously i'm a bit concerned because of the bad weather...

i see a bit of construction up ahead, and given the weather - i just sustain my speed, the roadcrew is cleaning up but cones are still blocking the slow lane so i meander over to the fast lane to bypass traffic...

the maxima increases speed (really fast) to pass me in the slow lane and nearly hits my car by avoiding the cones, he never gets past me but he's driving VERY erratically so i just pull away once i'm out of the construction area and get to the next light...

at the light, i'm still in the fast lane - there's a car next to me, and the maxima is in a new slow lane (2-3 lane increase)... i sat there for a few seconds to let the idiot driver go ahead, but he sits there too - so i'm like and i keep driving, he follow suit

as i'm driving the next 2 miles, this maxima is RIDING MY ASS! if i slowed down, he would hit me, and at this point - i'm just freaked out so i'm not pulling over (there have been people getting smacked around lately in vehicle incidents)... so i figure i have to lose this guy and there are no other cars around, so i accellerate to get out of his way and moved back into the slow lane so he could pass me - and voila - he pulls into the slow lane and flips on his lights!

so i pull over and he comes up saying "you're showing excessive speed, and it's raining outside" - i told him flat out, "why are you following me so closely, i couldn't even see your headlights you were so close - you scared the [censored] out of me!"

license - registration, blah blah... he writes me up for 65 in a 45
22350CVC - Basic Speed Law (infraction)

as he's leaving, he states "make better choices driving on a rainy night"

i'm assumming i'm going to fight this ticket, but believe it or not - THIS IS MY FIRST TICKET IN 18 YEARS OF DRIVING!!!

cliff notes: [censored] cop plays cat & mouse with me, then nails me with a speeding ticket!

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
that is [censored]!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
from what i've heard, if he follows you for over a mile, it's entrapment (though that may just be an urban myth). i'd get a lawyer!!

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
That's BS!! Man I'd be pissed too! But I feel for ya, I just got pulled over this morning for window tint. It must have been pretty important since he did probably 90mph+ in a 45mph zone to get on my ass. Then waits for me to get onto the highway, and then pulls me over.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
As Richard Branson said, "Sue the bastards!"

That is definitely entrapment. You were BELOW the speed limit! If I were you, I'd fight it in court!

Is my car for sale? PM me if you're in South FL.
Originally posted by XKontour98:
Haha that's awesome! Go GM!

YES, SIR!!! General Aviation is Looking good right now...http://www.beapilot.com
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Toadster:

Iam a law enforcement officer in Florida and can only give you some ideas, Im sure that some of the laws are different. First, if he gave you a speeding ticket did he use radar,laser or pace you. In Florida or at least my county of employment, the patrol vehicle or unmarked vehicle's speedometer has to be calibrated "certified" as accurate every 4 months. If i pull someone over by pacing and the speedometer is not certified, the ticket gets thrown out. If he paced you, see if his department has anytype of rules or laws regarding that. Also if you contest the ticket with an attorney, have the attorney contact the officer to see if he (the officer) is willing to with hold adjudication. what that means is pay the fine but withhold the points and driving school. I hope that this info is of some help.

Although one has to look at the whole picture and we dont know what the officer's perception of things were, based on the information you gave us, I feel the citation was not appropriate. keep us updated.

good luck,
Suriel

Silver '98 SVT 3356 of 6535 8/29/97
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
That is crazy. I had the same thing happen to me. Good luck with fighting your ticket .

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by carrot_top:
Originally posted by Toadster:

Iam a law enforcement officer in Florida and can only give you some ideas, Im sure that some of the laws are different. First, if he gave you a speeding ticket did he use radar,laser or pace you. In Florida or at least my county of employment, the patrol vehicle or unmarked vehicle's speedometer has to be calibrated "certified" as accurate every 4 months. If i pull someone over by pacing and the speedometer is not certified, the ticket gets thrown out. If he paced you, see if his department has anytype of rules or laws regarding that. Also if you contest the ticket with an attorney, have the attorney contact the officer to see if he (the officer) is willing to with hold adjudication. what that means is pay the fine but withhold the points and driving school. I hope that this info is of some help.

Although one has to look at the whole picture and we dont know what the officer's perception of things were, based on the information you gave us, I feel the citation was not appropriate. keep us updated.

good luck,
Suriel

he was 'pacing me' it states NO RADAR on the ticket, it's a newer maxima, but it had a lightbar inside

'04 Mazda6S MTX Injen CAI, 18% Tint, Magnaflow Catback, CPE-MAFc My Mazda6 PICS Toadster's Website
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Next time slam on the f-ing brakes let him hit you and have him get a ticket for following to close in bad weather.

Sorry to hear this todd, but i would fight it.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Fight this, i agree it's bull.

Most judges who see that you have not gotten any tickets in years will rule in ur favor. i have seen it many times before. It will be cleared. No worries for you!!! Just fight it.

Some cops are nice others are pieces of [censored]!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard