Originally posted by Jared:

1) Can I drop the whole 3.0L in and use the heads thats on it?

No, not from a '99.

2) Can I use the 4speed automatic transmission thats in the Contour right now, will it bolt up to the 3.0L?

Yes.

3)Also I've read about notching the block w/ pre '01 3.0 Duratechs, why is the block notched?

Not quite sure what you're talking about here. Please explain...

4) I've noticed that some people swap the heads so they do not have to reroute the fuel rail, ect this is not a problem for me. But I noticed that they're talking about some type of control module that you cant run w/ the 3.0L heads, is this true, and if so what module, and how do I go about disc onnecting it.

You're actually combining two different things here. If you use the full '01+ 3L, including the plastic intakes, then you need to disable the IMRC in the ECM since you don't use the IMRC with the oval port intake. The IMRC stands for Intake Manifold Runner Control module, which controls the secondaries of the twin port 2.5 manifold (and the older twin port aluminum intake 3L's).

People that swap heads are usually doing a hybrid with 2.5 heads, either for ease of installation with the fuel rail, or for water pump reasons.

Basically I wanna do a full 3.0L 1999 Duratech swap.

You don't want to do that. Full swap with '01+, or hybrid with '00 or older because of water pump concerns.

What am I looking at getting into? And what are going to be some of the major problems am I going to encounter?

That can't be predicted. You know your own abilities, and we know ours... just keep reading on other people's 3L problems, and keep asking questions in here. If someone gets on you about searching and you already have, contact a mod (me) and we'll handle the situation.

Also will the will the 3.0L bolt right up to the motor mounts?

Yes.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."