Originally posted by SpdySVT:
Jared .. i am with you brother ... i am a newbie here and i did kinda got the cold shoulder at first even though i did hours and hours and days of research, but many CEG'ers have assisted me or try to assist me .. i just wonna drop an 02+ taurus Duratech VIN"S" motor into my 1998.5 CSVT that has a spun bearing and a rod through the block .. i just wonna pull the old 2.5 out and unbolt my MTX tranny and do whatever i have to do to the 3.0 Taurus motor to get my MTX tranny on the 3.0 motor and drop it in and it be reliable, safe and Driveable... so mike if you know what i need to do or anyone can put into terms like you mike i'll be indebted to you .. and i'll pass the knowledge when i know it as good as you...... thanks again ....

SpdySVT

Well I Don't klnow much about the 01+ swap... But I'll tell you what I do know. Some people need to modify the fuel rail. You don't need to modify much (or maybe anything). IF you want to do a port match, pull off the front cover, take out the cams and go to town with a dremel or similar too. THen just blow out the excess...

Use the front cover that came off of your 2.5. The 3.0 and 2.5 are timed the same way the CKP sensor is just in a different location which is why there are 2 different notches on the exciter ring.

Then put everything back together using the SVT goodies. DeamonSVT has a ton of info on these motors on his site.

MIke

The ONLY 96 (engine) 3L Build 'em fast. Spray 'em faster. ricehatersclub.com