Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Link to latest page of SC thread: Ta-Daaaaa!

Summary:

Currently based on talks with Nate is seems SSE is about 1-2 months away from beginning testing on the production model. As for any people in Colorado once the first production unit is ready we would like tol setup a date to get together and for us to take you guys out to dinner so that we can explain and discuss the details of the system and for the test car to be inspected, we need to get a list going of who would like to attend so that Nate can figure out a good place for us all to get together. As you guys can tell I am really excited as we are nearing the end of this project and Nate and I are ready to show you guys our combined results! As things stand now Stage 3 which is the 12 PSI setup the cost will not exceed $4000, obviously the lower stages will be cheaper with Stage 1 running at 6 PSI and cost being below $3000 and of course all stages can be added to at a later period so that cost can be spread out. Finally as for the Contour/Cougar system it would be stupid for us not to look into doing a setup for it as it would drive price down for you and provide a larger market for us. But for getting the price below $3000 for the higher end systems its not really possible due to the amount of hardware we are providing. So if you are serious about wanting one of the systems once production begins and would like to be added to the waiting list and be one of the first people to be offered the system in any stage email me at home at jester4982@aol.com just to let us know you are serious and so that we know how large of a production run to plan for, this is not binding in any way but please only email us if you are seriously thinking of purchasing within the year. I look forward to your replies!

Another update:

... by having a test mule its to allow one of the forum members who is closest to SSE (Denver area) to test the system and provide non biased results to the members of this forum and to other forums. We currently have a company test mule as well as a spare engine for mockup and high pressure buildup for use in racing (More on this 20+PSI system once things get rolling). But you guys are correct in that the forum member test mule needs to be a low mileage well cared for motor that has had little done to it (Preferably if we can find the little old womans car we will be doing good!) and yes the test mule does get a significant discount. As for all of the Colorado people wanting to meet up and look at the system we will be arranging to meet most likely in the Denver/Highlands Ranch area at a local restaurant like Old Chicagos (off of Broadway) where we will provide dinner and let you guys get to know us and inspect the system and ask any questions you may have we should be ready to do this within about a month or two (The BMW system is getting wrapped up first but if you guys would like to take a peek at it as well to get a basic idea of what the system for the ZX2 will look like along with the quality all Colorado people are welcome to attend that dinner as well but remember it will be with a bunch of BMW enthusiasts! This will be running off of the accessory belt as running off the timing belt is not an option because of our design. If you guys have any questions please feel free to email me!

Greg Scrivner
SEAM
OEM & Performance BMW Parts

Any Denver CEGers with a Zetec interested in visiting with Greg when the time comes? E-mail him.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Sounds vewwy interesting. $4k is a bit steep but it is for a twinscrew. I haven't read the entire thread...What kind of output are we talking about? Would it be equivalent to an Eaton M45 or a M62? Intercooled? Would it be mounted to the intake like the JRSC unit? Soo many questions. I've gotta read the original thread.

Man that would sound soo f'n cool.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Here's some tidbits that I pulled off the TeamZX2 forum...

----------------------

Right now, we are looking at a water to air intercooled system using a Lysholm Twin Screw supercharger running 8 psi.

----------------------

We are planning on using a dual Laminova water to air intercooler cores, which allows for the integration of the cores into an engine specific cast aluminum manifold, decreases any pressure drops, and increased response due to short flow length in the system (100 mm or ~ 4 inches from supercharger to intake ports)

----------------------

-OPCON AUTOROTOR 2076 Twin Screw Supercharger <--now a 2087
-SEAM Pulley (8PSI)
-Serpentine Belt
-SEAM Cast Aluminum Intercooler Module
-SEAM Billet Aluminum ICM end caps
-SEAM OA2076 Mount Plate
-SSE ZX2 Intake Runners
-SEAM Coolant Reservoir (1 or 2 liter still under discussion)
-Dual Laminova water to air intercooler cores
-BOSCH High Capacity Fuel Injectors
-SSE Reflash (Currently looking at various ways to manage fuel)
-MOCAL front mount heat exchanger
BOSCH 4GPM Coolant Pump
-SSE Cold Air Intake
-K&N Filter
-Misc Hoses for coolant transfer
-Misc Brackets
-Misc Clamps
-1 Year Unlimited Mileage Warranty
-Installation Manual

----------------------

OPCON AUTOROTOR 2087 Twin Screw Superchargers and the Laminova 45MM diameter water to air intercooler cores

----------------------

Instead of the cast aluminum design the manifold will now be made from composites and aluminum...

---------------------- (I found this info searching the web)

Opcon Autorotor OA 2087

Displacement: 0.87 Litres / 53 Cubic inches / revolution
Max Air Flow: 215 L/s; 460 CFM
Dimensions: Length: 245mm; Width: 157mm; Height: 103mm
Suited for: 275 BHP / 205 kW Engines

The supercharger size is perfect! At 2bar with a 100%VE, our Zetec draws 457CFM at 6500rpms. That'd work out to 315 crank horsepower.

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 04/06/06 05:15 AM.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Any Denver CEGers with a Zetec interested in visiting with Greg when the time comes? E-mail him.

I dont know of any Denver zetec guys. 98% of us seem to have SVTs. Maybe someone will come out of the woodwork. Post in the SW forum.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
The supercharger size is perfect! At 2bar with a 100%VE, our Zetec draws 457CFM at 6500rpms. That'd work out to 315 crank horsepower.

I ran some numbers into a calculator at superchargersonline.com and came up with about 250 wheels for the 12 psi stage 3 kit. Stage 1 gets you to near 200 wheels - with an auto!

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

I ran some numbers into a calculator at superchargersonline.com and came up with about 250 wheels for the 12 psi stage 3 kit. Stage 1 gets you to near 200 wheels - with an auto!

provided the CD4E wouldnt explode when it shifts.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
T
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
provided the CD4E wouldnt explode when it shifts.

Yes, thank you.

By the way, the CD4E is still used in the Escape with the V-6 and seems to be holding together well with over 200hp on tap. True it is a revised version, but no reason our CD4E shouldn't hold up ok. The early versions had a few problems, but they're fairly well worked out by 1998 M.Y. A cooler & regular 4qt drain & fills should keep them on the road just fine.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
200 to the wheels is more like 240-245hp, not 200hp. the escape prolly only make 155-160whp at best.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Mine had 160 at the wheels.....probaby had a little more in her....

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard