Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Originally posted by gooserex:
Originally posted by Tourgasm:
<----has 0 resonators and sounds fine. I can't even hear my exhaust at highway speeds, only while accelerating.

I noticed the exact same thing, onthe highway it sounds like the car is coasting, which is nice for long road trips...

If the car sounds like its coasting (foot off the gas decelerating) while cruising, you have what we like to call drone. Resonators fix this. Should be silent with the right sized res. (or damn close to it). Mines loud under load but once it reaches speed its quiet (even with headers and race series mufflers).

I highly doubt you dont have drone with no res. If you dont think so then you probably dont realize what it is.

I meant coasting in the sense that you can't hear the exhaust and all you hear is tire noise, not exhaust noise. Regardless of what one might call it, it doesn't bother me the slightest and I do some serious (500kms+ round trip) commuting for work on a daily basis.

-------------------- 1999 Black/Tan CSVT #2658 of 2760 201,000+km - K&N, Magnecor race wires, Optima red top, BAT Euro Kit, KVR CF pads, PIAA Plasma Ion bulbs. 1989 Yamaha FZR600 - 40,000+km - K&N Pods, Stage 3 Jets, V&H 4-1 exhaust