Next Thread
Print Thread
#1540622 04/03/06 02:28 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
It looks like the outter and inner edge of the rotor is being worn, but the middle of the rotor is not being touched.

Would you suspect this is because of a un even pad? I would think that this oculd only be the only cause.. As everything is apply with even pressure. I couldn't believe it to be anything else.

Help anyone?

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'm going to add some more information here.

I just had all 4 rotors replaced, so those are brand new. All rotors but this one (pass. rear) all wear fine. They are all worn after a quick drive. I also hear some clunking "clunk clunk clunk clunk" while applying the bakes hard. If I lightly apply the brakes, there is no clunk, but when pressing harder, it is deffinatly there.

hopefully someone can help me out

97 T-Red LX ATX pre98 CF SVT front,SVT rear/side skirts FSVT wheels Custom Front Ford Logo (body Colour) 35% tint all around with sun visor WP With Metal Impeller? Elky Grills CTA Intake CTA Custom Dual Exhaust
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Your caliper might be siezed, jack the car press the brakes and see if you can rotate the wheel

3.0 14.392@97.237 2.302 60ft OEM 4-bolt LCA's $105 each Watch me go
S
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
yah I can. it moves really smoothly actually. Very very free. I know because I just put my summer rims on, and forgot to losen the lugs before lifting the rear.

R
"Absolut Rara."
"Absolut Rara."
R
Recheck that the calipers were re-installed properly. Check to make sure the clips are properly seating, and that the slide pins all move freely. You may wish to take a look at the pad, as if it is worn very oddly from the previous rotor, it can cause uneven wear until it wears in to the new rotor.

Balance is the Key. rarasvt@comcast.net

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard