Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by Pete D:
Originally posted by Hydramatic:
one hell of a turbo whine.

Turbos don't whine.

lmao

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H

Are you telling me that ALL turbines are utterly silent? What is this world coming to where kids start believing that only blowers have a whine? I can't believe this...

They do whine, it's just a completely different category of whine than you must be used to. Some people call it a whistle. Some people call it a whine. Some people call it annoying as all hell, but that *noise* is still there.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by 99SEsport2004:
...I can tell you that Old Mopar has never really had good interiors...

I'm gonna have to disagree with that. The interior in my dad's 99 Dakota Sport is pretty nice. I favor it more than any S-10/Sonoma, Colorado, Ranger or Tacoma that I have been in.

Well the interior of the Family '03 Durango SLT is cheap as can be, and coincidentally, it is the same vehicle from the Driver doors forward.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
What is this world coming to where kids start believing that only blowers have a whine?

Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard a turbo and thought, "Man, what a nice whine from that thing." A supercharger gives a VERY distinct whine. A turbo gives a VERY distinct spool and discharge. Completely different sounds. What is this world coming to when the only thing spooling up is my hand ready to slap you across the face? I'm sure I'll hear a REAL whine then...

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Speaking of heat, its said to have an intercooler thats FIFTY PERCENT LARGER than the previous SRT-4, damn

That's hardly a claim to fame. The stock Neon SRT-4 IC is TINY.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P

Are you telling me that ALL turbines are utterly silent? What is this world coming to where kids start believing that only blowers have a whine? I can't believe this...

They do whine, it's just a completely different category of whine than you must be used to. Some people call it a whistle. Some people call it a whine. Some people call it annoying as all hell, but that *noise* is still there.

You got me, I have no idea how a turbo sounds, I only had a turbo car for 2 friggin years, how long have you owned a turbo'd car?

This is just splitting hairs though, it really boils down to you always saying ish that isn't true. Stuff like "yeah my friend has a 83 Vette 6-wheel drive with a straight 12 diesel"....

"Bros before Hoes" <-- More men need this mentality.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Pete D:
Stuff like "yeah my friend has a 83 Vette 6-wheel drive with a straight 12 diesel"....

"That thing got a hemi?"

* Marine Officer Candidate * My Cardomain Page 1998 EO Black SVTC #3388
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by PlatoSVT:
What is this world coming to where kids start believing that only blowers have a whine?

Honestly, I don't think I've ever heard a turbo and thought, "Man, what a nice whine from that thing." A supercharger gives a VERY distinct whine. A turbo gives a VERY distinct spool and discharge. Completely different sounds. What is this world coming to when the only thing spooling up is my hand ready to slap you across the face? I'm sure I'll hear a REAL whine then...

HAHAHAHAHA

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Wow. I'm very impressed with how stupid that last string of comments came off.

And guess what, for about 10 years, we had a VERY nice turbo car as one of the family's "beaters". It was an Audi Quattro. You might have heard of it. If you haven't, look up "group B rally cars", tell me what you think of it...Until the clutch started going out, it was my father's favorite car...

In addition, I work on a friend's '83 Mercedes 300TD on an almost weekly basis, so there's another of my credentials. Also, before he built his Fox-body Mustang up, another buddy of mine had an Eclipse GST. I rode around in that car all the time.
I know what a turbo sounds like, it makes a high-pitched whine when spooled up, very much like a jet engine. This lies in the fact that the two are related in operation, yet completely different in function. If that isn't a whine, I don't know what is.

As for this Vendetta Mr. Pete, Stazi, and BigMoneyRacing have against me, I think it's just a bit childish. There are easier ways of telling me I'm wrong than STFU or the infamous "go back to a Chevy website that cares.." response. I don't intentionally say incorrect stuff on here. I'm usually really tired or confused about the topic when I make an error. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure every last one of ya'll has said something incorrect on CEG before. So lay off and find a new person to badger.

About this turbo whine thing, though, I'm still correct. Suck it.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard