Originally posted by 1turbofocus:

Russell, whay would you do a far to large 90MM drawthrough when you could have a properly sized 3 inch that proberly is the size of your inlet piping , would you follow the rest when they jumped off the bridge also , why not have better throttle response ,less stalling issues , smoother looking MAF voltage readings that = cleaner readings for the ECU , Blow through is the best way to go FI proven fact where the problem comes in is most cannot figure out how to make it work

Tom

several reasons.

i had the 90mm MAF for a while on a N/A 3L with an ATX, then on the same motor with a MTX. i purchased it then because i had F/I in my future and wanted to be prepared. overkill for a N/A 3L, yes. ill even admit my intake plumbing looked like @ss and was all ghetto-rigged like a 16 yr old ricer would do. i drove a good 10-12K using that MAF, and had ZERO stalling or idle issues. not a single one!

now as for the setup im planning. the maf will be connected directly to the air filter, and be located in the fenderwell to draw in fresh cool air. it will then be plumbed to the inlet of the turbo where it will then go through a water-air intercooler before entering the engine. the lightning MAF should work beautifully with the setup im planning, look good and work flawlessly. i will be pushing 10-12 PSI on an oval port 3L and should be making decent numbers. and i will still have a little more headroom if i want to make a bit more power.

Russell Oval Port 3L Nearly Done MTX75 w/ Homebrew Zetec FD and Torsen Complete