Originally posted by Keyser:
Let me see if I can recap. It will scale the entire range of the maf down by lets say 40%. So at an idle of .08, the ECU will see .048. At WOT, instead of 5v the ECU will see 3v. Is this correct? So you would need a Diablo or SCT to scale the tranfer function down for better resolution. IIRC the OEM functions usually only go down to .05 which leaves no room for interpolation.

Keyser in most cases if you MAF is going hit 5 volts under WOT you will see much higher low load voltage than .8 from what i have seen you will be in the 1.2 to 1.6 range then bringing that down by 40% puts you right in the range, Also keep in mind that there is 7 settings so if you are say hitting 5 volts at 5800 and only need slightly more range than set it to say 2 = 20%

There is a few ways to make the needed changes , Yes you could change the MTF and do it that way the MAF will read all the way down to .005 , I know this because i have to run 96lb injectors in my Zetec and it idles and drives like a new Zetec

The best way i have found to work with the MAF.ia is to get the car running so it idles and part throttle corectly then go in and change the Load size of 1 Cyl, High/Low injector slopes by what ever setting you have the MAF.ia set to in most cases it will start right up and you will just have very small corrections to make this way your correction for load and fuel is all set and ready to go

Yes all my kits now are blowthrough its the only way to go

Tom