Originally posted by 1turbofocus:
warmonger I can see your mind is still closed to anything new , you were one of the ones years ago also saying that 42lb injectors were to big for the Zetec and now there the STD to use

QUOTE"There definitely is such a thing as too big of a MAF for the job, but proper sizing and then tuning fixes that."
****Tuning WONT fix a MAF that is to big if the MAF is to big you will get poor resolution at low RPM and that cannot be fixed with ANY tuning, Changing data points to that area only shows and goes to the statement about still not understanding tuning yet , will it work yes it MIGHT mask the issue is it the PROPER way to do it NO , if you have to move your data points something is wrong

QUOTE "So going back to the MAFia, there are other products that already do what you have stated. "
****Will you show me one that cost less than 150.00 like the MAFia , That is plug and play in less than 30 Sec THERE ISNT ONE

QUOTE " However, I see no need to use MAF trickery "
****There is NO trickery to it, Again you still dont unsderstand or in you case care to understand, To those that do this is the cheapest , easiest , devise to use when going FI it uses your stock MAF electronics so all your sampling points are where they should be, gives you enough range to make from 150 TO 700HP on a Zetec keeps you from having to use LARGE BULKY CRAPPY looking 80MM 4 bolt flange type MAF housings that have poor low end resolution

The SCT PRP is the best tuning tool on the market for those wanting total controle over there cars tuning , the MAFia works well with it and with the cost of both at only 790.00 where can or what can you buy that will come close to what those 2 pieces can do

Tom

Well you are again right about one thing and oh so wrong in other areas. I may have had misconceptions years ago but I never stopped learning and come a long way with that. For you to come out of the blue trying to insult me just because I don't agree with your product shows who you really are. You are a real piece of work. You read insult even when none was there abd even when I agree that there may be situations where the MAFia would work out well? Why the attitude?
And on top of that, why come here and tell us how wrong and how old school we are tuning our own cars?
You've been doing your thing on friggin zetecs with hack tuning for years and you say I'M stuck in the past? YOu go ahead and continue with your hack tuning Bud because I could fugging care less what you do and why. However don't come on here and tell me I don't know how to tune a duratec or duratec turbo. If you have a product you support, then explain why and let us make up our minds based on our own thinking and the merrits of your arguments.
This isn't one of those forums where everyone is 18 years old and on your tip because you made big power in a Focus. Around here we evaluate all options and debate those options academically. Just because I or another member don't find the option all that great doesn't mean that we won't include it as an option or that others will agree with us. We give equal time to everyone if they argue intelligently and even moderatley respectably in their manners.
As far as experience with different tuning methods go, I've done quite a few. In fact, I've tried almost all the different ways and learned from experience. Excuse me if I don't feel like wasting another $150 on another POS item that will cause me to have to spend more money on other mods just to make it work to its full ability!@!#$%!

You can all go join the MAFia for all I care becuase it is your car and your money. I don't have to like it and I also don't deserve insults for having my own opinion !!

But since you opened up a can of worms, you reap what you sow "Mr. Blow through MAF is a good idea with hacked ECMs" and now MAFia's.

Like I said, an eManage does significantly more and costs barely a few dollars more. If it comes to it, an APEXi SAFC is the very best bang for the buck product on the market that can scale the MAFs output in every way that the MAFia is descriped to do, albeit without being paired with Diablos software. But then that is the marketing scheme now isn't it?? You just show how pliant your mind is and how much a willing victim of mass marketing you are if you dont' evaluate and question your options.

If you are worried about the cost of $100 bucks then you shouldn't be modding your car. And needing to pair the MAFia up with Diablo software for best results? How is that cheap or even smarter than any average chip?
In fact, I don't have any stock with Diablo or SCT or GReddy so I don't have any bias. ON the other hand I have spent a lot of time and money with a Diablo Chip, an EMANAGE, PRO-M and their mafs, adjustible fuel pressure, differnt mafs and injectors, cut mafs, worked with SAFC on other cars, and finally the SCT Xcal2 and software.
In the light of that experience I find the SCT PRP package to be the best option because it allows the user to come as close to OEM tuning as possible should he/she choose to put in the effort and time to learn it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black