OK guys hear me out...

The stock MAF puts out more than 5 volts when driven over it's stock flow. 7 volts definitely isn't out of range. Heck, if you regulated it, there's no reason that you couldn't push 9 volts. It is fed battery voltage. Don't believe me? My Fluke doesn't lie...

I'm saying that the Lightning/Cobra/Mustang MAF can be less accurate because you can't size it to your application. It is fixed. With the MAFia you can effectively vary the size of your MAF to fit your power level. That way you aren't wasting any resolution.

The stock Zetec MAF is just under 2.5" I.D.. Theoretically it should flow way more air than I will ever need. (And more power than most of you guys will need.) To quote...

Originally posted by DrFrankenbarge:
So if we go to the limit with 450 hp worth of air you're looking at around a 2.25" OD tube at 450 f/s (Mach .4). So to give yourself a little breathing room 2.5 should easily flow fine for 450hp.

Now say we are using this kit on a decent 2.5L and say we're making about 275 at the crank. For a velocity of 450 f/s you're looking at about a 1.75" OD tube (say 16 gauge wall).

This isn't snakeoil guys. It's a valid product. There isn't any voodoo going on. All that it is doing is scaling a voltage down. Pretty simple and very effective.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.