Originally posted by Yummy Mummy:
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
You gotta pay to play. If I want to become a doctor, I'll assume the debt that goes along with 8-12+ years of school. Your neighbor knew what he was getting into when he signed up for classes. If he's a good doctor, then I would think those school loan payments wouldn't be much of an issue. This is the greatest country in the world. If anyone doesn't like it, they can leave as easy as they came in. Evidently some people would be happier in their own country.

Mark

You miss the point...again. You only have to pay through the nose for education in the USA...The rest of the world pays a lot less!....No one is knocking the country just and education sytem that is more of a money machine that an institution of 'higher learning'.Just keep writing the checks if you think more $$$ is a better idea!

If that were the point, he wouldn't have followed up this comment:
On the comments on engineering in USA most are misunderstanding my drift.The issue is 'the system', that is the education system that charges WAY over the 'worldwide' rate for tuition

with this comment:
On auto engineering, when I see an All American Formula 1 car win the championships, that is engine, trans, frame etc from US I will rest my case. regards TH

If tuition costs were his drift, then why bring up AGAIN, the work that US engineers do? I thought it was only about tuition costs?

As for tuition costs, how well are professors paid in other countries compared to the US? What kind of shape are the Universities in over there? I would assume that our tuition fees are what they are, because we pay our professors well, and our Universities are(for the most part) kept up very well. If their professors are paid well, and their Universities have a lot to show for, who's paying for that?

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq