a comment about the diff shows a lack of concern for
both the owner and the component in question...I would
have expected more & a higher standard from a
professional engineer.....Now if Ford had printed the
magnet fix in a shop manual it would be questioned to
hell!...Time to cross over and get away from the
'bailing wire & string' attitude....before the world
leaves you behind.Nice that the personal attacks are
back.....so musch for CEG rules eh!...Hypocrites!!!

Terry, you can trash me as an engineer, and that's okay. I'm a fighting man by trade now and haven't been practicing engineering in a little while. But you and I both know that there are outstanding US engineers out there. We didn't come to dominate the world market with crap, and when the British Empire and industrial might collapsed in on itself 100 years ago, we were there to take over . And where did the British Auto industry go? Mini's made by BMW, Jaguars made by Ford, Vauxhall made by GM, and the list goes on. Times change and it usually isn't the engineers' fault anyway, it is the accountants and high cost of living in developed countries driving up wages most of the time.
But this isn't about that. It's about the fact that I called for a good inspection and possible solution before going to extremes. You just disagreed and bashed my methods.
All I can do is reiterate what I said and leave it at that.
Just hope it's an axle and not something you did if he publishes the pictures.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black