Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
I fix my own cars, plain and simple.

I had Terry build the trans but I installed it I will fix it, unless I feel I am not able too.
I don't think it's internally anymore. I think it may be an axle.
Axles are cake to change. I've done a ton.

Now what I need to know it if I jack up the car and spin one side, I should be able to determine what axle needs to be fixed right.

I am no longer jumping to conclusions I am trying to trouble shoot. Pole120 told me that if the speedo moves the diff is moving, the internals are moving.

No crunching sounds when tells the trans is fine.

The fact that the speedo moves tells me the clutch is fine.

The fact that the speedo goes faster as I change gears tells me the shifter is fine.

I have to have broken the axle.
Tomorrow I have time to dig into it.
I will pull the axles to check them.

Anyother tips?

Travis

No, it seems you took the time to explain the situation with that post. Before you were just all over the place with what you thought it was. But if you were to have broken a half shaft one side would still spin if you have a quaiffe. Yes if the speedo moves the internals are moving too up to the diff that is though. When I busted my diff. my speedo would still move too. Just put it in the air and see which one it is. I was actually going to make a post if someone has broken a LSD or a quaiffe, hopefully your not the first. Good luck finding out the problem.

98 CSVT E1 Previous Rides 03 Cobra 544rwhp & 585rwtq 10.89 at 135 97 Mustang Cobra P1SC intercooled 460rwhp & 412rwtq 11.47 at 120 89 GT w/347 mid 12's 99 Lightning mid 12's 95 Cobra Low 12's I'm a sucker for speed