Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#1539290 04/03/06 12:43 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Betcha he sheared the hub out of the clutch disc.

Oh and learn not to drive like a retard. Dropping the clutch and spinning tires left, right and center is retarded.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1539291 04/03/06 12:48 PM
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
1`)Today,mon,is the first time I've seen an e mail from Travis on his issue & I have replied
2)He could have phoned
3)Jumping to conclusions will not promote good service from me
4)Who did the install?,did it have a new driveshaft circlip and was the shaft fully home?
5)Maybe its the clutch
6)Attempting to tear down the trans tower etc is not a good idea when I haven't even had a chance to comment/talk to him on the issue!!

FWIW as you know,it's very rare that an HMS trans with a Quaife or Torsen breaks due to bad parts or a bad build. Lets hope that WHEN I establish this is not a trans issue he will 'go public' with that!!!!

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
#1539292 04/03/06 12:52 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Stazi:
Betcha he sheared the hub out of the clutch disc.

I've done did that. Should be making a bunch of noise with the clutch pedal out...

Ryan Trollin!
#1539293 04/03/06 01:35 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Not necessairly. after a while all the jumble up bits and pieces fall down out of the way and it becomes quiet. Yes, at first it sounds like a can of nuts and bolts rattling around.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1539294 04/03/06 02:59 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by todras:
1`)Today,mon,is the first time I've seen an e mail from Travis on his issue & I have replied Thank you Terry for your replys

2)He could have phoned Yeah what's that number? Should be on my reciept... Yeah where's that reciept?
3)Jumping to conclusions will not promote good service from me Caught in the moment, sorry
4)Who did the install?,did it have a new driveshaft circlip and was the shaft fully home? I installed it, and yes it had new driveshafts put in, and seated.
5)Maybe its the clutch I didn't hear and rattling, but possible.
6)Attempting to tear down the trans tower etc is not a good idea when I haven't even had a chance to comment/talk to him on the issue!! Having my car sitting when it could be as simple as a shift tower problem sucks, for the record I didn't pull the shift tower I was waiting to hear from Terry

FWIW as you know,it's very rare that an HMS trans with a Quaife or Torsen breaks due to bad parts or a bad build. Lets hope that WHEN I establish this is not a trans issue he will 'go public' with that!!!!

I apologize publicly for anything I may have done to hurt the spotless reputation of HMS motorsports.
I wish no harm to anyone.

I was only looking for trouble shooting tips in order to get my car back on the road. I would rather not send my trans to Terry if it's something I could fix, because I am the cause of the problem in the first place.

I will check to see if I can change gears without pushing in the clutch.

I will check to see if the speedo moves when I put it in gear.

Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Can u ask him to measure his shaft and compare it to your shaft?

#1539295 04/03/06 10:33 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
alright, I emailed Terry, awaiting his response.

I tried the trouble shooting tips pole120 gave and the speedo does move.

So I'm gonna replace both axles.
The driveshaft shop is a choice, are there any other for HD axles?

HOLY CRAP!!!
driveshaft shop
Stage 1 for $400!!!

NEW units $240 for both (autozone)
reman'd $160 for both (autozone)

Damn this.

Last edited by BlackBirdRacing; 04/03/06 10:59 PM.

#1539296 04/03/06 11:00 PM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
alright, I emailed Terry, awaiting his response.

I tried the trouble shooting tips pole120 gave and the speedo does move.

So I'm gonna replace both axles.
The driveshaft shop is a choice, are there any other for HD axles?

DON'T BUY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM.. You are jumping to conclusions. If you are having trouble diagnoising the problem take it somewhere and have them look at it. Otherwise you going to be throwing money at things that aren't the problem. We have all been in your shoes before, you need to get back on the road and are anxious. But just calm down and fix the problem at hand. Again if you can't figure it out shell out the cash and have someone who knows look at it. Don't mean to be a jerk just telling the truth

98 CSVT E1 Previous Rides 03 Cobra 544rwhp & 585rwtq 10.89 at 135 97 Mustang Cobra P1SC intercooled 460rwhp & 412rwtq 11.47 at 120 89 GT w/347 mid 12's 99 Lightning mid 12's 95 Cobra Low 12's I'm a sucker for speed
#1539297 04/03/06 11:10 PM
B
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I fix my own cars, plain and simple.

I had Terry build the trans but I installed it I will fix it, unless I feel I am not able too.
I don't think it's internally anymore. I think it may be an axle.
Axles are cake to change. I've done a ton.

Now what I need to know it if I jack up the car and spin one side, I should be able to determine what axle needs to be fixed right.

I am no longer jumping to conclusions I am trying to trouble shoot. Pole120 told me that if the speedo moves the diff is moving, the internals are moving.

No crunching sounds when tells the trans is fine.

The fact that the speedo moves tells me the clutch is fine.

The fact that the speedo goes faster as I change gears tells me the shifter is fine.

I have to have broken the axle.
Tomorrow I have time to dig into it.
I will pull the axles to check them.

Anyother tips?

Travis

#1539298 04/04/06 12:07 AM
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Originally posted by BlackBirdRacing:
I fix my own cars, plain and simple.

I had Terry build the trans but I installed it I will fix it, unless I feel I am not able too.
I don't think it's internally anymore. I think it may be an axle.
Axles are cake to change. I've done a ton.

Now what I need to know it if I jack up the car and spin one side, I should be able to determine what axle needs to be fixed right.

I am no longer jumping to conclusions I am trying to trouble shoot. Pole120 told me that if the speedo moves the diff is moving, the internals are moving.

No crunching sounds when tells the trans is fine.

The fact that the speedo moves tells me the clutch is fine.

The fact that the speedo goes faster as I change gears tells me the shifter is fine.

I have to have broken the axle.
Tomorrow I have time to dig into it.
I will pull the axles to check them.

Anyother tips?

Travis

No, it seems you took the time to explain the situation with that post. Before you were just all over the place with what you thought it was. But if you were to have broken a half shaft one side would still spin if you have a quaiffe. Yes if the speedo moves the internals are moving too up to the diff that is though. When I busted my diff. my speedo would still move too. Just put it in the air and see which one it is. I was actually going to make a post if someone has broken a LSD or a quaiffe, hopefully your not the first. Good luck finding out the problem.

98 CSVT E1 Previous Rides 03 Cobra 544rwhp & 585rwtq 10.89 at 135 97 Mustang Cobra P1SC intercooled 460rwhp & 412rwtq 11.47 at 120 89 GT w/347 mid 12's 99 Lightning mid 12's 95 Cobra Low 12's I'm a sucker for speed
#1539299 04/04/06 03:26 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Damn, some people need to RELAX! People see someone break something on their car, and they instantly bash them. He never blamed anyone but himself. It's HIS car and HIS money. WTF does it matter how he choses to drive? If any one of you saw the way I drive, blood would shoot out your ears. I realize that when sh!t breaks, nobody is going to pay but me. He's not asking for donations or sympathy, but some suggestions on what could be wrong. Some people should just stick to the aesthetics forum, since their pu$$y foot can't afford the bill when they break their performance vehicle.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard