Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Zoom Zoom Diva:
I think that dealer was completely unethical to attempt to do business in such a way.

The dealer looks a bit seedy, but here's a Mercury Tracer in your area...

REMOVED THE LINK, see above

Here's a hint... Shorten the URL down by typing {url=http://}web page{/url}

(Replace { with [ ], and first part is the url, then the 2nd part is a phrase, like "Click me")

Sorry, it's really annoying to have to scroll my web browser left and right just to read what someone says, if not use Tinyurl.com

Last edited by Shaggy; 03/29/06 05:05 PM.

Former owner of a 1995 Ford Contour GL w/ 2.0L ATX Proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0L V6 Vulcan --Looking for Commodore stuff (Drives, Units, Amiga, games, etc)If anyone has any of this laying around and wants it gone, lemme know --
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by TaurusKev:

Sorry, it's really annoying to have to scroll my web browser left and right just to read what someone says

x a big number.

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
My bro has a 97 Zx2 5 speed. That car is tough as nails. Had a few quirks to it, but that's expected I guess with an all new first year car. Once he got past those minor things, it is still going VERY strong at 190K + miles. The zetec in that car is fantastic! The throttle response combined with the low gearing, and lightweight body makes it seriously peppy, too.

Nice thing about his car, too is you can actually get in there and work on it, there's plenty of room. Headlights lenses are shot to hell, but it's been outside since 97 in AZ! Paint looks new. Just FYI for anyone since we're on the topic.

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Read the TOS for the auction.

Quote:

We reserve the right to end the listing if the vehicle is no longer available for sale.

The deal they made with the other person isnt your problem, neither is the internet guy being out of town. You agreed to the terms of sale when you bid on the car. They are the ones that dropped the ball by not removing the auction when the car was sold. Since the listing was not ended early, the car was sold to you, per the terms of sale that they wrote.

Got to love the the small stuff. Wonder if it would hold up in court if you really wanted to push the issue.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by ExDelayed:
Read the TOS for the auction.

Quote:

We reserve the right to end the listing if the vehicle is no longer available for sale.

The deal they made with the other person isnt your problem, neither is the internet guy being out of town. You agreed to the terms of sale when you bid on the car. They are the ones that dropped the ball by not removing the auction when the car was sold. Since the listing was not ended early, the car was sold to you, per the terms of sale that they wrote.

Got to love the the small stuff. Wonder if it would hold up in court if you really wanted to push the issue.

If the sales manager had been any ruder, or if this was a high value auction, I would take them to court for "damages" just on general principal. Seems clear the salesman on the floor decided to accept a local offer so he could collect the commission instead of the absent salesman who posted the Ebay auction.

Talking to the guy, it sounds like they sold the car in the afternoon after I won the auction in the morning. Very poorly coordinated.

I find it hard to believe that someone offered them more than $5,025 (my winning bid) for this car!

My guess is the salesman on the floor that day not only lost the dealership money, he also put them at risk for possible legal action.

I wish I could delete the post that's causing this thread to spread out so much. Very difficult to read the posts now.

Last edited by JEDsContour; 03/29/06 10:41 AM.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
I sent the dealership this reply to their email telling me I'd won:

Quote:

Called your dealership yesterday to arrange a pickup time and was told that you decided to accept a local offer instead of my winning Ebay bid. This is unacceptable.

Your "Terms Of Sale" clearly states that:
"We reserve the right to end the listing if the vehicle is no longer available for sale."

This auction went all the way to the end. Not that it matters, but my winning bid is more than fair - well above your reserve!

Your sloppy business practices are not my concern.

I was buying this car for my daughter and now must go through all that effort and research again. I chose NOT to bid on other cars because of your deceptive auction.

I am truly of a mind to refer this whole thing to my lawyer and seek damages for time and lost opportunity. I take it very personal when a business treats me this way.

I want some compensation for this mess. I want you to send me a check for the difference between what you sold that car locally and my winning Ebay bid. If you sold it for less than $5,025, well then that's fine. Keep your loss. Just to avoid confusion, the sale price here is that recorded by the DMV when the buyer registers the car. The real cost to the buyer you chose over me.

That is how you can make this right. I have downloaded your auction advertisement and "Terms Of Sale" statement to my hard-drive and am waiting your response.

I'll post their reply! Here's the thing, I really might refer them to my lawyer, no kidding about it. I�m really annoyed with this.

Thanks ExDelayed for pointing out that TOS clause!

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
S
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
S
i say we retaliate with a full scale attack! every time they list a car, one of us wins the car, then backs out of the deal. we can then say, "oh, i found a car locally at a better price" im down, i can more than afford one little negative feedback from these [censored]s!

Originally posted by Tourgasm:
Sometimes you can mess up a word so bad that spell check doens't know what the hell you're talking about.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by svt4stv:
i say we retaliate with a full scale attack! every time they list a car, one of us wins the car, then backs out of the deal. we can then say, "oh, i found a car locally at a better price" im down, i can more than afford one little negative feedback from these [censored]s!

Bad Kharma looms....

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
When you talk to your attorney, have him cover these points: Which county with jurisdiction. Which court level to use there. Damages.

You already have a win-worthy claim on liability, but I don't wear a black robe.

That notion of "I want the margin if you sold it for more" is good.

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
I dont like the fact that sellers can sell one product in multiple ways and they get away with it just business. However if I want to bid on multiple items and purchase the least expensive, I cant, even though it's just business.

Best mobile phone resource site, especially Sony Ericsson 1996 Buick Riviera Gutted airbox K&N Air filter Modded boost bypass valve
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard