Originally posted by giddyup306:
Originally posted by SVTDave:
What about a 1999 Taurus 3.0 Duratec? I can get one pretty much complete for a tad less than $200. The odo in the car says 99k miles. My plans are to rebuild it while I still have my stock SVT 2.5 in my 'tour...

I beieve with the 99 motor you will have to make a hybrid and you will have to modify the bellhouseing. It is a hell of a lot more work than an 01+ oval port swap. But if you don't mind doing some extra work...

A hybrid is more work than an oval port swap?!?! Now that's a good one! Total B.S. You have to modify the bell housing on all 3L's when mating a 3L to the Contour transaxle, or clearancing the extra tang for the SVT cooler. For the oval port head swap, you either have to modify the heads for the twin port Contour manifolds, or fabricate a fuel line (if you've got a return system).

The fact is, there is no "best" engine out there that fits everyone's needs. To some, "best" is going to get them the most HP ('01+ oval port to twin port adaptation seems to be the hot ticket). To others, "best" is going to be as cheap as possible (junkyard '99 hybrid for less than $850 total for mine). To others, it's going to be which one is easy... then that brings up which one everyone thinks is easiest... and that's another opinion based answer.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."