Originally posted by RTStabler51:
Originally posted by SVTDave:
Originally posted by Ray:
Why "start fresh" with an engine with almost 100K on it already? I know, I know.. you would "rebuild" it, but you're still using a 100K mile engine that's been rebuilt.

Why not pay $100-$250 more and get an 01+ with 15K or 10K(or hell even LESS if you search around) miles?

Well, that's why I was asking you guys' advice!

Now I know to get an '01+ engine...see, isn't that how this forum stuff is supposed to work?

Thanks for the response. As you can probably tell, I'm still in the "gathering info" stage. My car is in great running condition as of right now...I'm just wanting an engine I can take my time to rebuild and make right without taking my driveable car off the road.

Yes, but that information has been passed numerous times nad is also in the stickies.

I didn't see where anyone listed reasons why 01's are better to use than 99's. But my question is now answered...isn't that the important part? And the reason forums like this exist?

Dave 2000 Ford Contour SVT 2.5L V6 (all mine) 2004 Mercury Marauder DOHC 4.6L V8 (Dad's) 1970 Volkswagen Beetle 1.6L (Resto Project)