Originally posted by Stazi:
My wife can go shopping with her g/f's to her hearts content - I won't bat an eye. But if she wants to go out drinking and partying without me, my question is "Why, I'm not fun enough anymore to party with? What is my presence holding you back from? You used to LOVE going dancing and drinking with me when we were dating!"

And I think that captures it in a nutshell. When a woman wants to party away from her significant other - it's because she is seeking the attemtion of another man to boost her ego....and more often than not, that new, cute, stranger might just be what she needs to make her feel sexy again (through the removal of her underwear).

Face it even us guys will look at a women, and even though we may have a great wife, g/f, etc. who puts out etc., we will fantasize what it would be like to bang this bit of strange - right? The only barrier is "will I put myself in a situation to make it happe?" i.e. leave the significant other at home so I can work on getting this other women's ankle around my ears. A good person won't put themselves in that situation obviously, nor will he seek it out.

The girl night out/boys night out is just an enabler.

I for one can say I don't feel the need to go out with just my buddies (no wife) to a bar. It's just not healthy for any relationship.

My $0.02c

Just curious but when is the appropriate time to hang out with the guys? What if you just want to talk some issues out in an open forum? They are you friends for some reason, right? What's wrong with getting together to shoot the breeze? Or is the only appropriate place where there couldn't be the potential of single women walking around?

Curtis 3L 'Oval Port' 98 Black SVT 180.5HP/178lbft '03 Black Sport Trac