Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Can you "clock" the housing so that the output faces another direction?

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
The best part of this kit is the Rotrex compressor and its mounting bracketry.

That's no Rotrex. The Rotrex uses a planitary drive with a special closed loop oil system.

It looks like they just copied a Vortech or Paxton but left the belt/gears exposed.

They are actually better off by using a real turbo compressor. This is actually a step up from the Rotrex, IMHO. The Rotrex superchargers use a friggin' Holset compressor. The map is horrible. It's obvious that it was meant for a diesel.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
See on the back of the compressor housing those brackets and bolts. The bolts apply tension to the brackets, which applies pressure on the sealing ring INSIDE. From the looks of it ... identicle to a turbo compressor housing and if so, then YES, you can clock it VERY EASILY!

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I cant wait to see where this kit ends up going. Hopefully he would be willing to offer the charger and the bracket and we can see some wonderful homebrew kits soon!

Will this unit build boost like a vortech would with a bias to the top end or will it build in a linear fasion?

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
I cant wait to see where this kit ends up going. Hopefully he would be willing to offer the charger and the bracket and we can see some wonderful homebrew kits soon!

Will this unit build boost like a vortech would with a bias to the top end or will it build in a linear fasion?

I would expect so.

<---- (* Gettin' that 'Ol feelin again... *)

Must.... not .... mod ... .until .... home purchase.... completed....

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
The best part of this kit is the Rotrex compressor and its mounting bracketry. If you take those by themselves you can imagine a much better lay out for the subsequent piping. That alone makes this a great addition to our forced induction possibilities.

A blow through MAF would not be a "major" issue if you reworked the piping before and after the MAF to include 6-8" of straight pipe. This would also go well with the talked about thinking of different pipe routing.

I dunno how great it will end up being, but it certainly is a viable option - and affordable at that. I'm actually considering it, now that I get to look at it. It'll need some tweaking and the piping re-route is certainly in order. If I can do only one thing to that kit, it would be to isolate the intake from the engine bay.

I have a return style '99, will I need the FMU or a bunch of other junk to make it work??

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
from what i read you can do it properly with different injectors and an xcal!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
from what i read you can do it properly with different injectors and an xcal!

Injectors would definately get replaced with some larger volume units to avoid going lean. I just have to do some research on what size. Same size as the Vortec kit would prolly be a good place to start...

K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Vortec kit was stock size with a FMU. Not a good start.

2001 Lincoln LS8 1994 Lexus GS300
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Well that's kinda frightening. How many people put those kits on their cars?? Ouch.

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard