Originally posted by Kokopellian:
This thread is raising awareness as we all type.

This has been one of the most personally interesting threads in quite some time.

I'm not sure I can easily clarify my thoughts on reparations and going back to Africa in a succinct manner for this forum. But I'll try. It appears to me that if one is wanting money in repayment for an ancestor being unfairly ripped from their place of origin, then yes, compensate them for it and return them to that place of origin where they would be, if not for the fact that the ancestor was removed.

I just believe that the logic behind the call for reparations is flawed. By that reasoning, we all need to pack up and move back to Europe, Asia, and Africa and let the Native Americans have the country back. But that's not realistic.

Good discussion! Let's keep it going.

I hope to have the chance to meet you sometime at one of the Keller's mini-meets.

Last edited by IRingTwyce; 03/23/06 06:44 PM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.