Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Thanks bud.

Keep the suggestions coming. I am looking for experienced audiophile input. Not necessarily what you have in your car now but what you KNOW sounds really good compared to speakers that do not.

Anyone else know of really good component sets that come in the 5x7 bracket so that it would be a simple drop in similar to those Clarions.

Anyone else have experience w/ these Clarions?

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I have a Clarion ProAudio HU, which I love (It's my 2nd). I've not tried their speakers though. I'm partial to Infinity Kappas, but they're not exactly budget. In the past I've had pretty good results from Pioneer speakers for budget builds.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Anyone have experince or try these...Boston Acoustics SL80 ?

I can pick them up on Ebay for a little over $150

SOLD Polarg M-28 super bright white bulbs. Replace yellow stock license plate bulbs. See add in classifieds. WANTED:: EVO style CF hood
K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by teamSVTour:
Anyone have experince or try these...Boston Acoustics SL80 ?

I can pick them up on Ebay for a little over $150

That's a great deal I think those retail for near 300 a pair. I was considering them but I was told by my local car audio store that they are not worth buying if you don't run an amp to them. Just something to think about. iirc, you said you wouldn't be running an amp.

Kip 98 CSVT Black/Midnight Blue
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i think the clarion plate speakers end up getting blocked by part of the door panel. someone complained about this years ago. do they have a rotating tweeter? if so, u can install them with the tweeter on the bottom and aim them up.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by hmouta:
i think the clarion plate speakers end up getting blocked by part of the door panel. someone complained about this years ago. do they have a rotating tweeter? if so, u can install them with the tweeter on the bottom and aim them up.

i don't have a problem with it...

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
any other ideas?

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T

1998 Contour SE Panasonic CQ-DFX683 Sound by Crystal Mobile & Illusion Audio Powered by Alpine MRP-F240, Alpine MRP-M350 My Ride
T
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Tony D:
Try these

whats so good about those?

G
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Tony D:
Try these

they don't really give enough specs on that page to let you make an informed decision. price and wattage are not on the top of my list when shopping for speakers.

What do you mean, rhetorical question? 1998.5 SVT --> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2155561/1 #4619 of 6535, born Feb 18, 1998. i'm a smarta$$, don't take it personally
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard