Print Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
#1528654 03/21/06 03:20 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Listen guy - and listen GOOD!
I've been there done that...maybe not as young as you, but too young none the less. Got wrapped up in the whole love/infatuation thing without really knowing my ex and it didn't last. Neiter of you have had enough time to establish yourselves as individuals yet. Hell you probably still live at home I bet, and don't have any real responsibilities. Getting married is no joke and DIVORCE SUCKS MAJOR BALLS!
Not to put a damper on your lollipop and popcorm parade, but you've basically fallen in love with you first bit of poon and think you're set for life. Sorry, but in this day and age with how samll the world has become - your are simply sticking your neck out getting married when NEITHER ONE OF YOU HAS EVEN LEGALLY BEEN ABLE TO GO OUT TO A BAR! You're a kid, whether you want to accept it or not. I'll tell you right now - once you both can go out to bars it'll either make or break you. Like people have said. If she starts going out with he friends and has an epiphany that she likes having fun and enjoys the attention of other guys you're SCREWED.
I may sound like MR. Doom'n'Gloom, but I'll let you in a a secret. I married again! Yep, but this time I had allowed myself to discover who I was and also took the time to find a woman who had established HERSELF - trust me, ANY women, and I mean ANY, that hasn't had the chance to grow on her own and feels like she has been held back by a guy, she WILL resent that guy.
At this point, like so many other replies I have read of yours, I bet you're saying "I don't care, I'm stilll getting married!". Fine be a dipsh!t and take a HUGE risk,
But if you want to give you and your girls the BEST chance; Slow the F@%K down! What's the rush? Like Fmr12B said...are you jonesing for a new toaster?? If you're really intent of making a life together I would suggest you sepnd some time together to REALLY get an idea of whether you are compatible. Living at home and not having real responsibilites makes it seem like there's nothing to it. But once you are married and you have to add stresses like jobs, bills, family commitments, sacrificing what you want to do for something she wants to do and vice versa, then that rosey little workd can start crumbling.
Don't become another statistic - there is no rush. If she loves you and you are meant to be she will stick with you for a while till you both have established yourselves in the real worl, away from mommy and addy's house, allowances, and the fun of sneaking out and having sex in the back seat of your old mans Buick.

I know I speak for many CEGer's, past and present, some who I have even tried to convince to slow down, yet refused and ended up divorced in a year all becasue they thought I was uniqe, stupid or a kill-joy...but unfirtunately their ignorance landed them in divorce-ville.

Take of this what you will, but you kids all need to slow down and let things play out. I'll say it once again, DIVORCE sucks, especially when it results after you find out your wife is messinf around with another dude. If that though makes you feel ill, then congratualtions - you're a real person. If you still think you're impervious to something like that, then you're a clown.

Good things come to those who wait.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1528655 03/21/06 03:29 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
That brought a tear to my eyes stazi...great speech..here here!

1998.5 SVT contour #5979 3L 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.5L auto, all ghetto fo sho
#1528656 03/21/06 03:29 AM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by Stazi:

Good things come to those who wait.

I go by that everyday..

#1528657 03/21/06 03:56 AM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by starjammir:

I thought I knew pain when my grandfather passed away - it flet like a part of me died.
But nothing hurt or made me cry like the day my ex old me she wanted a divorce. That pain - that feeling of not being able to hold back the tears was 10-fold the pain of losing my grandfather.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
#1528658 03/21/06 04:14 AM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by starjammir:

I thought I knew pain when my grandfather passed away - it flet like a part of me died.
But nothing hurt or made me cry like the day my ex old me she wanted a divorce. That pain - that feeling of not being able to hold back the tears was 10-fold the pain of losing my grandfather.

man stazi that stuff was deep.. and I will agree with starjammir that it defenitly made me shed a tear

#1528659 03/21/06 04:31 AM
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Ummm...I was engaged twice and finally got hitched when I was 32 and my wife was 28....

A1C Hodges, Christopher Active Duty USAF Sheppard AFB Texas;Westover ARB Chicopee, MA NECEG "Troll" formerly owned 2000 SVT Contour, with all kinds of goodies;)
#1528660 03/21/06 04:51 AM
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by JReebs96sport:
She went to college for the first semester and hated it. It was her idea to stop going. Although, I loved it when she was going because we had EVERY class together. It was so much fun. We would go out to breakfast, lunch and dinner together! We had co ed volleyball together also. I miss her at school so much!

Sounds like a ragin' case of the classic Puppy Dog Syndrome to me. It usually indicative of a need for a lot more personal development and lends a lot of credence to the "snatching up the first bit of poon that came your way" argument.

Puppy Dog Syndrome that almost never works out good in the end. It's cute when your a teenager, it'll die off quick one day soon (especially after living together, if you're not already), and that's when a relationship is really tested -- when you no longer feel some burning need or even want to spend every waking moment doing everything together. That feeling almost assuredly will go away. And that's not a bad thing, but only then is a relationship really tested.

And, yeah, that's experience talking right there. Same age, same feeling, same engagement.

But, hey, you know what's best for you. Best of luck to you, as no one deserves the pain of a failed marriage.

2003 Mazda6s 3.0L MTX Webpage
2004 Mazda3s 2.3L ATX
#1528661 03/21/06 04:56 AM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
As much as I agree with everyone's advice, this really isn't doing any good. Think about when YOU were 19, and people started giving you advice. What did you do? You're up to your ears in bullsh!t if you say you followed their advice. You wanted to prove people wrong, because at that age, not only are you always right, but you're also invincible. You can't impregnate those one-hitter-quitter type chics, you can't get in accidents on the street, and you certainly can't get a divorce. You're fresh out of high school, and the only thing you have to worry about is if your Mom made meatloaf of lasagna for dinner. If you were upset, it was because she didn't hang your laundry up like you wanted it. There's no "still wet behind the ears" with 19 year olds, because they've seen it all.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1528662 03/21/06 05:04 AM
R
Reebs Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R

Sorry to hear about your rough past Stazi. I mean that sincerly and with the upmost respect.

As I'm sure you all figured out by now that we are getting married no matter what. Heck, I can't lose my deposit's for the flowers, cake, linens, invitations, ceremony location, and reception! We want our marriage to be an example to you doubters and unbelievers that it really can work. By the way, we do not believe in the d word. <= That is what she always says!

Some of you think that I am not thinking this through, and that I am just dreaming of a fairy tale life with no problems and a happy ending. On the contrary, we have thought it through, prayed about it, discussed it with each other, with our parents (yes, with our parents), and all agree that it is a wise and well thought out decision. We did not just decide to get married one day. We had been talking about it for years before our engagment. We had planned on getting married our senior year of high school, but waited until college because it is to hard to support a family while still in high school. I saved up for the entire year prior to our engangment just to buy her the ring of her dreams. She knows how much I love cars, and that I could have bought a new WRX or SRT 4 with the money I had saved for her ring. It makes her feel even more special that I would do that for her, instead of getting a new car. I love her more than you skeptics out there think. We both are not crazy partiers that you may imagine we are just because we are still "young." The only way I can convince you unbelievers that I am right, is to prove it.

I can't believe how many people have responded to this thread! I didn't know young marriage was this contraversial!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
#1528663 03/21/06 05:13 AM
R
Reebs Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
As much as I agree with everyone's advice, this really isn't doing any good. Think about when YOU were 19, and people started giving you advice. What did you do? You're up to your ears in bullsh!t if you say you followed their advice. You wanted to prove people wrong, because at that age, not only are you always right, but you're also invincible. You can't impregnate those one-hitter-quitter type chics, you can't get in accidents on the street, and you certainly can't get a divorce. You're fresh out of high school, and the only thing you have to worry about is if your Mom made meatloaf of lasagna for dinner. If you were upset, it was because she didn't hang your laundry up like you wanted it. There's no "still wet behind the ears" with 19 year olds, because they've seen it all.

Mark

Don't tell me how I am at 19. You really don't know me. Just because you were immature, "always right", and invincible at 19, doesn't mean that all 19 year olds are like you were. Maybe most of them, but definently not all.

And by the way, I don't just have to worry about whether my mom made meat loaf or lasagna for dinner... I have to worry if she cooked anything at all!

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard