Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Originally posted by fastcougar:
the shortblock alone would probably run for $2,800

I'd just buy the ENTIRE NOBLE TURBO ENGINE that comes with custom turbo cams, forged everything, manfolds, heads, 39lb injectors, harness, DMD, SVT Flywheel, oil squirters, etc. Was that not only like ~$4000. It is more then complete as well as blue printed & balanced. $5500 on parts is plain ludicrous!

How does one figure the short block is $2800 just for $1500 worth of forged parts (rods & pistons), a $100 engine block, and maybe $100 in misc bearings & pieces? You could add $200-300 if the bottom end is pre-balanced but unless you also give those parts of the rotating assembly (clutch, flywheel, pulley, etc) with the short block the balance job is moot!

Trust me, I would have in a heartbeat at the time, but this option didn't come to life until what ... a month ago? My shortblock was completed nearly a year ago. Also, it was done right and balanced by a shop that builds race engines all day long ... with the flywheel, DMD & pressureplate attached.

As for this AER engine ... has anyone confirmed the cams to be different than stock FORD parts? I just don't see how it's possible to offere a complete engine that cheap WITH custom cams.

Last edited by fastcougar; 03/17/06 10:09 PM.