Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm seriously considering selling my "race" block & transmission ... PM me

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Scratch my last comment ... I'm still not 100% sure I want to sell my Cougar/Engine/Trans. Please don't PM me ... when I'm serious, I will put it in the classifieds section.

J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by fastcougar:
Scratch my last comment ... I'm still not 100% sure I want to sell my Cougar/Engine/Trans. Please don't PM me ... when I'm serious, I will put it in the classifieds section.

Umm... OK. I'm leaning towards ordering an AER 3L long block right now.

Keith says he's going to provide me with two SCT XCal tunes:

The conservative tune should make about 340 HP on 91 octane for daily driving.

The aggressive tune will potentially make 430 Hp (or greater) - based on his past experience with similar combinations.

With an AER or similarly stout block, I'll be willing to push it hard on the dyno for bragging rights if nothing else.

Bottom line is this thing will be a blast to drive.

I'm not firmly locked into the AER 3L route. I know there are some truly excellent Duratec engine builders who frequent CEG.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
OK, I think you just twisted my arm. However, for what I will need out of the block (everything I put into it), the shortblock alone would probably run for $2,800 ... I could build up the long block with Kinger's turbo heads that I have with SVT cams and you would be looking at roughly $5K ... again, I would need to look at receipts. I wouldn't charge a dime for my time/labor, just looking to recoupe costs here. If this is something that you are definitely interested in, let me know. PM me for my cell #

F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
BTW, my longblock setup is nearly identicle to DanG's (I have lower CR):

- Pauter Rods,
- Diamond Racing Pistons (9:1)
- ARP head studs
- Kinger's "Turbo Cut" heads
- ALL NEW valvetrain components (ST220 springs, Brand new valves, keepers, etc.)
- ALL New Timing Components
- Revised 3L windage tray
- Revised 3L oil pan/pickup/dipstick

Like I said, I merely looking for what I have in the setup, $ for $. Not to mention, I could personally deliver it as I'm somewhat "near" you (48 miles one-way).

PM me if interested.

Last edited by fastcougar; 03/17/06 06:07 PM.
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If nothing else, here is a point of reference. My entire setup (built up longblock) would run $5,500. My intent isn't to hijack this thread to try and sell you my setup, but to inform you of costs of reproducing such a setup. If however, you do want to buy my engine setup, let me know.

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Just for all your info I have a t28 kit for sale.brand new.also have diamond pistons for 3.0

PLEASE HELP ME GET MY CAR TOGETHER! ITS IN DAYTON OHIO! I need the motor together and in the car so i can DRIVE it! Pleeeeeese! diamond pistons for 3.0/forsale #702 of 2150
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by svtProdigy:
Just for all your info I have a t28 kit for sale.brand new.also have diamond pistons for 3.0

Finished copying it eh?

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
the shortblock alone would probably run for $2,800

I'd just buy the ENTIRE NOBLE TURBO ENGINE that comes with custom turbo cams, forged everything, manfolds, heads, 39lb injectors, harness, DMD, SVT Flywheel, oil squirters, etc. Was that not only like ~$4000. It is more then complete as well as blue printed & balanced. $5500 on parts is plain ludicrous!

How does one figure the short block is $2800 just for $1500 worth of forged parts (rods & pistons), a $100 engine block, and maybe $100 in misc bearings & pieces? You could add $200-300 if the bottom end is pre-balanced but unless you also give those parts of the rotating assembly (clutch, flywheel, pulley, etc) with the short block the balance job is moot!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
... My intent isn't to hijack this thread to try and sell you my setup. but to inform you of costs of reproducing such a setup. If however, you do want to buy my engine setup, let me know.

NAAH....not once did I get that impression!

(Its all good!)

Anyway, what is a "Kinger turbo-cut head?"

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard