Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
i am so moving there and openning up a motorsports shop. you peeps have no idea! we had a lay over in dubai on our way to pakistan. what a magical place. the las vegas of the middle east.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by sigma:
Originally posted by ODC:
When the world moves away from oil, what will happen to Dubai ?

Which is why they're doing what they're doing. They're building themselves up to not only be a leading banking areas of the world but also one of the premier tourism destinations of the world and a haven for the super-rich.

true true, my last semester at school we had our "site" there so we had to do tons of research on the place. it all started in 1979 when they found oil. now they have put limits on how much gets refinded and exported b/c they know it's almost gone (almost being relative, more like about 150 more years at this pace). the leaders have the foresite though to try and turn the city into "An Eastern Las Vegas meets New York" according to one of the broucheres we got from the embassy. it's the only city in the world to have a seven star hotel and the city also sports an indoor ski range. by far one of the most technically advanced cities on earth and one of the fastest growing.

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J

Same thing that happens to every other society that exhausts their key natural resource that supplies them wealth...

They either diversify into other areas (banking is HUGE in UAE) or if they aren't successful at that, they decline.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by sigma:

Which is why they're doing what they're doing. They're building themselves up to not only be a leading banking areas of the world but also one of the premier tourism destinations of the world and a haven for the super-rich.

Also in investing in enterprises worldwide. How do you think Dubai Ports World is buying up other port management firms?

On a side note... I still don't think those look anything like palm trees.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by M!key:
i am so moving there and openning up a motorsports shop. you peeps have no idea! we had a lay over in dubai on our way to pakistan. what a magical place. the las vegas of the middle east.

true dat..im sure after a week in pakistan you wanted to get the hell out..i know i did

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
are you crappin' me?! i had the best time ever in pakistan.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
are you crappin' me?! i had the best time ever in pakistan.

dude i hated it!! It was soo hottt!! nothing to do, its not like u can go out for a walk ya know, prolly get shot haha..I was like wow I cant believe I went to school here for 5 years..ahh worst time EVER!!

M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
i was treated like royalty man. the shooting thing maybe because i was the only blonde in the country. naw, really it was the best time. we had tons of stuff to do. mostly shopping, but yeah a ton of stuff. pakistan isnt dubai though thats for sure.

Oo (xxx)oO o xxxxxxxx o
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
pakistan isnt dubai though thats for sure.

dubai is its own world man, I'd kill to have a house there

S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by m!key:
i was treated like royalty man. the shooting thing maybe because i was the only blonde in the country. naw, really it was the best time. we had tons of stuff to do. mostly shopping, but yeah a ton of stuff. pakistan isnt dubai though thats for sure.

But once you stay there for longer than a month, that all changes and they put you to work. And THAT ..... sucks.

Sal Khan 00 SVT - Not pretty 00 Aprilia RSV Mille - Also Loved. http://www.thelunchjournals.com "I just want someone I can stand once her mouth is free of obstruction."
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard