Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
you could always pick up a set of regular cavalier tails from a junkyard or somewhere really cheap to make your molds and do the body work off of... that way you wont drop the cash on the real deal until you have something that works. (i'm assuming that they are real CF and will be expensive)

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
W
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
W
From back in my mini trucking day i know this isn't very hard, about as hard as welding in fillpanels/rust repair panels.

Just go to a junk yard and have the cut around 2 inch of the tail light so you have what they call the "tail light bucket" This way the tail light bolts in perfect and yo can change your bulbs very easily.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by waubm:
From back in my mini trucking day i know this isn't very hard, about as hard as welding in fillpanels/rust repair panels.

God those minitrucks drive me insane!! bunch of idiots

rant off

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I own a cavy and a tour. The tail lights wont fit. If you are going through the trouble of custom work you might as well get Toyota Cavalier tail lights. Yes, toyota and GM teamed up and produced a toyota cavalier over seas. Do some research and you'll see.

These are the 00+ tails

95-99 tails

Here are both to compare.

Enjoy and good luck with what you do!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
A little closer look.

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by jtour:
get Toyota Cavalier tail lights. Yes, toyota and GM teamed up and produced a toyota cavalier over seas. Do some research and you'll see.

A friend of mine had the TRD Cavalier package shipped from overseas for his Cavalier. I know it included the body kit, and I believe the wheels and brakes were part of it also. With the turbo and the TRD kit, it was actually a pretty tastefully done Cavalier.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
get Toyota Cavalier tail lights. Yes, toyota and GM teamed up and produced a toyota cavalier over seas. Do some research and you'll see.

A friend of mine had the TRD Cavalier package shipped from overseas for his Cavalier. I know it included the body kit, and I believe the wheels and brakes were part of it also. With the turbo and the TRD kit, it was actually a pretty tastefully done Cavalier.

Mark

Sweet! Yeah cavy's are great economical cars. Do you got any pics of the Toyo Cav?

Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Mark

Sweet! Yeah cavy's are great economical cars. Do you got any pics of the Toyo Cav?

Couldn't tell you if this is his actual car, but it looked identical.

Here is what he's currently driving!

He's got the twin turbo kit installed, but recently moved down to Indy, so I don't see it anymore.

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
So basically a Toyota Cavalier with a TRD kit has the same styling as a Celica.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
So basically a Toyota Cavalier with a TRD kit has the same styling as a Celica.

It had leather wrapped steering wheel, RHD, Wider fenders, Different taillights, Arm rest in the back seat, Carpeted trunk lid, Toyota badging, Toyota badge on steering wheel. Side markers, different corner lamps. Just to name a few.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard