Steve, I agree with you 100%. Degrees for working in the technician field are totally useless. I don't know how many times a day I have to turn people away for jobs because they just don't cut it when it comes to repairs and diagnostics. They can have 4 years of college behind them and it proves nothing about servicing computers.

I went to a tech. school for only 1 year to get my certs (A+ Hardware, A+ Software, MCP, and Security +). I did it only because it's something good to have along with hands on experience, but certs. alone do not cut it.

Chris, if you want to get into a job with computers, you need to get some hands on experience first before trying to jump into it. Take a lower paying, decent job first doing repairs then when you feel comfortable with your skills, try for something better.

That's how I did it. I've worked at my other job for almost 5 years now. Started when I just turned 16, no drivers license. The knowledge I gained from this place is something a school can never offer you.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!