Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
i replaced the clutch hydraulic line in my 99 contour duratech and it wond start now! i think it has something to do with the clutch lock out system(or whatever locks the starter until clutch is engaged) had a major line leak and disconnected the hyraulic line. reconnected it to see if a new o ring would fix the problem got worse then the car just quit starting. i figured it might have something to do with the lack of hydraulic pressure so i didnt pay much attention to it. now i have the line replaced all pressure has returned but the car still wont start(if i push the clutch any further itll go through the firewall) my friend and i bump started it to see if it was something outside the starting system...started and ran fine. i cleared the computer to see if for some reason the computer was being stupid and locked it up no luck can anyone help me?!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
There's a switch mounted under the dash on the clutch... check it out and see if it's working right.

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
the switch appears to be working right. im scared it might be the starter solenoid but i dont know how it would have magically failed. all i did was disconnect the hydraulic hose and hook it back up again. how would that fry a solenoid or a relay for that matter? but all symptoms seem to be leading to the solenoid. anyone else have this problem before?

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Check Relay no. 6 (starter) in the Power Distribution Box next to the battery.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
K
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
K
i found it! ifound the problem anyway...how to fix it im not sure. it appears the switch at the clutch has broken...but it still works!? i have to push the button with my finger and turn the key to start the car. i think it broke internally so im going to go to the local junk yard and pick up another. i just dont know how the damn thing broke??? o well its sorted out thanks for your guys help

tommy

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard