Today I tackled the battle of fixing a spun subframe bolt. I had heard about an access panel for the rear bolts on the interior of the car. I forgot my digicam so I had to use the trusty cell phone! Crappy pic but any pic is worth a thousand words.

Basically I've just took some pics of where it is. First pull back yor carpet & cut up the sound deadening material. then you should see a panel directly below the clutch pedal (mine was the drivers side), it should look like this.

Cut the rubber insulation up & then you will find the "window".

Its up to you on how to do it from there but I drilled some holes then took a jigsaw & ran across the bottom of the slots & bent them up.

I think it is a 21mm but just stick an open ended wrench in there & hold it. I made a mistake when I was reassembling everything & used the boxed end. the bolt goes up so high that you cant get the wrench off, so dont do that. The nut actually sits in a small holder so that you cant remove it. I had to take a punch & break one side of it & slide the nut out of that side.

Then you will have to remove the nut from the big square washer & weld another on. I forgot to snap a pic of this but you get it. Then I reinstalled everything & tack welded the square washer so that hopefully I wont have to do this again soon.

I saw several posts on this but there were no pics. I hope this helps all the other visual people out there, that like to see what they are getting into. This was simple, the only thing you really need is access to a welder. I'm sure that if you had a tap & die set you could probably do that too but I couldn't find mine.

I don't "mod" I just fix what breaks! 98 CSVT #2527 T-Red (Limping) 98 CSVT #2228 T-Red (Donor) 98 SE Sport ATX V6 (Running again) If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me!