For some, the bare CF on the exterior of the car is probably a similar taste to black wheels. Personally I think the patchwork look it gives the car isn't an improvement at all and is likely a rationalization for not wanting to spend any more money on paint. Let's face it the weight of the paint isn't really worth considering on one panel but the cost could be. However, in it's defense, the CF is an option when you need to shave some weight, or have a damaged panel to replace, so why not use CF. I have a painted to match CF hood (and yes the good stuff costs) it's just for shows and events. The steel one is dented and beat up from the 100 mi a day daily driving (not to mention NFS runs) so I'll continue to let it get a beating. I would not expect a CF hood to stand up to that, so I don't use it that way.

For those that have to debate it and compare it to the equivelant in gained HP, that's a way to find the best way to put it in a negative light. The major body panels like the boot and hood/bonett are the quickest, easiest things to replace in order to reduce weight. And, it leaves the car a more complete, functional package that way, rather than gutting the interior or something......what's the combined weight saving in the hood/trunk? I'm guessing Probably 35-50 lbs. You can take that and equate it to horsepower if you like but I'm good with the simple FACT that THOSE pounds are gone. No calculations necessary, you just shaved 35-50 lbs and it isn't a mod that requires tuning, dyno, or challenges your ability to pass emissions, or reduces your seating capacity because you gutted your interior etc, etc. I say using CF is smart.

Dezert Focus Member and Fan of all Euro-Fords. Once driven to the Darkside, there's no turning back.