Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Guys - chillax already. Holy crap you'd think that everyone had to prep for the Cannonball Run next week the way you guys are getting all bent out of shape and pushy.

Lets remember something: these are brakes, not an a-pillar pod, sweatshirt, strut brace or some other NON-SAFETY related item...hence you need to be PATIENT while we test and set up the logistics of the kits. You can jump up and down and speculate about whatever you want, but at the end of the day - it's not helping anything. We realise how much you guys want these (although when the time to order comes and I don't see orders from people making all the fuss I'll personally send you a PM to go eat poo!). And as such we are trying to get this all done as quickly as possible while not taking any shortcuts.

Anyway... I digress; Tom, and I are working out the cost and shipping etc, right now....so we're getting close.

TENTATIVELY - and remember this CAN/PROBABLY change depending on the cost vs. volume (i.e. more orders = better price )of the manufacturing of the plates. You will be able to get the full upgrade, i.e. FSVT front rotors (new rotors and new pads) and the calipers brackets for the front and rear for between $300 and ~$350 (remember this price is still TBD!). If you want new rotors and don't want to reuse your old SVT fronts - this will add to the cost.

Note: Canadian orders will incurr a shipping increase - TBD!!!!!

NOW PLEASE, BEFORE YOU ALL START CLICKING THE REPLY BUTTON - LET THAT FIRST WORD IN THE PARAGRAPH SOAK INTO YOUR GREY MATTER....OK? THIS IS TENTATIVE PRICING.

OK, let the chaos ensue.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Im wondering a few things?

#1 Can we get Cross Drilled Rotors? I like to stop faster!
#2 This adapter plate can we get color matched to the Calipers? Like red and stuff?
#3 What about Slotted/Cross Drilled for added stopping power?

H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
Will you be offering the rear bracket as a separate item?

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Can we get a rough price estimate? I realize you dont want to get held to anything, but Im curious to know. Even if its a fairly broad range.

Let Stazi get his prices together for rotors and pads unless you just want the bracketry and hardware.

Roughly speaking, as I already said: you will be able to do all four wheels complete for less than what I paid Bill J. for just upgrading to FSVT fronts.
Obviously just the fronts will be significantly cheaper.

I just cried a little bit, its so wonderful! lmao

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
With all the hulla-baloo I was actually getting a bit nervous that this arrangement might go down the tubes. Glad to hear things are still on track. Thanks for the post Stazi. I feel better now...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
X-drilled option will be $10,000 more to disuade people fron wanting such a pathetic option in the first place.

Yes the brackets will be available separate for just fronts or just rears - but please note: running JUST the rear upgrade with no change to the fronts, i.e. same size rotors front and rear is NOT, I repeat NOT smart - the bias will be all screwed up..... so unless you like switching ends when the car is braking, then don't think you can be a cheap-ass and just do the rears.

And most importantly; These kits will be sold as OFF-HIGHWAY USE ONLY....those who choose to use these kits for ON-HIGHWAY use will do so waive the right to hold either Tom or myself liable/responsible/accountable either legally or monetarily for any damages, injuries or deaths associated from the use of these kits.

Thanks for playing.

Last edited by Stazi; 03/08/06 04:56 PM.

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
H
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
H
I already have 13" brakes on the front, hence my interest in the rears only.

'98 SVT Red/midnight blue - a few mods E0 wheels for sale - PM me
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Stazi:
X-drilled option will be $10,000 more to disuade people fron wanting such a pathetic option in the first place.

Yes the brackets will be available separate for just fronts or just rears - but please note: running JUST the rear upgrade with no change to the fronts, i.e. same size rotors front and rear is NOT, I repeat NOT smart - the bias will be all screwed up..... so unless you like switching ends when the car is braking, then don't think you can be a cheap-ass and just do the rears.

And most importantly; These kits will be sold as OFF-HIGHWAY USE ONLY....those who choose to use these kits for ON-HIGHWAY use will do so waive the right to hold either Tom or myself liable/responsible/accountable either legally or monetarily for any damages, injuries or deaths associated from the use of these kits.

Thanks for playing.

Stazi,

I realize that this kit is for SVT front rotors on the back and FSVT front rotors. My question is for us guys with Baer 13" (330mm) front brakes would the FSVT front 300mm rotors be a better match for the rear instead of the 280mm SVT rotors? Just thinking down the road

Thanks,
Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by scottd60:

Stazi,

I realize that this kit is for SVT front rotors on the back and FSVT front rotors. My question is for us guys with Baer 13" (330mm) front brakes would the FSVT front 300mm rotors be a better match for the rear instead of the 280mm SVT rotors? Just thinking down the road

Thanks,
Scott

I wouldn't say that. Sure with BAER$'s you get more front bias, but I wouldn't downgrade from BAER's to FSVT's. Just the rear kit, for guys with your setup, will bring the brake biasing closer to what it should be.

S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
I was thinking the Same thing, Rara and I talked about it and if you have the 13" kit the Focus FSVT rotors on the Rear seems it would be a better option. Than the 280 CSVT rotors on the rear

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard