Yeah. I got pissy about it, and I'm not going to lie. What, I'm not entitled to my own emotions and reactions? Am I the ONLY one who's got to hide it? Heck, aren't you responding to my post and in your own way having a hissy fit? I don't think my being upset about something should have anything to do with you feeling like you have a place here. It shouldn't.
I read a series of posts I didn't like, that's all. There have been other things in the past that I built or did that I've had to defend almost weekly. If you hadn't followed those then you may not be aware.
However, when you have a history of building stuff or doing things a certain way with quite a bit of success and yet you are always defending yourself....well then maybe you'd be a bit testy too.
I didn't name you specifically, nor Thinkmoto and I'm not saying it is just this one post or just this one item. When I see a series of posts that are heading toward that general trend then I jumped to a conclusion and answered several questions in just one post. So it wasn't all you and don't think it was. And yes, I'm still a little irritated.
I didn't/don't know how old you are nor your background and therefore that had nothing to do with it. At least I didn't curse anyone out, use foul language, post links to funny pics, or ridicule anyone. If that is enough to piss you off enough to leave..... Sorry.

As far as the brakes go, I did the best I could within the constraints I identified as important.

Namely:

Kit Cost - Low
Availability of replacement parts - easily available
Outperform stock brakes - they do handily
Fit stock rims - they do so far

Brackets like the BAER ones are nice but won't fit as they require a greater change in rotor size just to fit, thereby requiring bigger rims and excluding stock rims. Also excludes the cheaper FSVT rotors. Oh, and by the way the OEM FSVT rotors are very good quality, coated and grooved. Worth the price I think.

As far as brake kits:
Lets give Stazi time to get some numbers together for kits. We'll go from there.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black