Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
I guarantee you that CNC charges are easily going to exceed the costs I have already incurred designing the current pieces. As far as "a few hours", sure. If they had all the pertinent measurements and the Datum point that I used to make all of them then they probably could. But those brackets will still cost you. I also considered a solid piece of metal. However, the weight of the bracket would then be twice what it is now and cost more, at least in the beginning.

You know what, I'm already irritated with a few of these posts.
Funny how people are jumping out the woodwork and can build these things all of a sudden. Where were these geniuses 2+ darn years ago when I first posed the question as to whether this could be done? Exactly. If someone else builds their own design and call it easy and cheap, then I'll listen to them then...maybe. Some people who had the skill were not interested in doing it. I got that and I have no problem with it.
Look at the post date on the sticky at the top of the brake forum.

Realistically, no one wanted to expend the effort, and they STILL don't want to expend the effort either. I did.
I didn't even need these front brakes and I went ahead and finished the design.
Now, I'm ready to just scrap it. I don't need the money if you are wondering, and I definitely DON'T need the headaches. This is why I THOUGHT Stazi might be willing to handle the kit side of things but I don't wish the nightmare on him either.
Besides, you can get bigger front brakes; the FSVT kit will only cost you a tad under $500.....for just the fronts.
I'm pretty frigging busy anyway.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
War, don't let anyone rain on your parade! What you and Demon have been able to do is badazz! I know I would be let down if your brake mod didn't see kit form, atleast in a limited run!

Please War, say it ain't so! I don't wanna throw down the cash for a TCE or Baer kit!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
I am on Tom's side.

But Tom...there are so many people on this site...especially lately who don't know a thing...claim all this crap and then never show up. Don't let that disappoint you!!!!

Although at the same time...I do understand...I mean you don't even have a contour anymore.

I still appreciate everything you have helped me with and inspired me to do!!!!

98 E0 SVT with some stuff
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Great I guess I will have to stick with the stock brakes. I was really looking foward to getting bigger brakes and keeping my E1's.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I don't think the few people trying to intervene are anywhere near the amount of people who are looking forward to your kit. Please don't get discouraged by them.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
J
JB1 Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by morbid:
I don't think the few people trying to intervene are anywhere near the amount of people who are looking forward to your kit. Please don't get discouraged by them.

yes, i say screw those other guys trying to act like they have anything to add. you and demon actually got up and did what the rest of us only thought/wondered about so props to you guys for that. many of us here would love for this to happen. thanks for your time and effort.

00 black/tan svt, #2052 of 2150, born 2/1/00 formerly known as my csvt "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King, Jr.
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Well there will always be someone that thinks they can do it better, the key word being "thinks" in theory only. I say ignore the "keyboard fabricators". You have made it happen and put together a solid product that 99% of the people on CEG could not replicate.

Many times the most complicated problem requires a very simple solution; the genius is the one that can spot that solution amongst the cloud of confusion.

If it means anything I am a serious buyer.

96 Mystique Black On Tan V6 MTX Port Matched 01 3L, 2.5L Cams, 2.5" Exhaust Optimized y-pipe, SVT clutch, Superchips, 3L split port LIM, SVT UIM, Intake, Mustang 65mm TB, MSDS Headers. Eibach Pro Kit, Torsen Diff., Ford Racing 17" Wheels.
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Avey:
If it means anything I am a serious buyer.

-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Tom did you really expect any thing less from the CEG?

Ryan Trollin!
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard