Originally posted by Big Jim:
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Originally posted by tour96SeVT:
would this kit work with the early e0 calipars?

According to Demons post, YES.

My understanding is that the Front 280mm rotors will be moved to the back, but the stock rear calipers will be retained. If you don't keep the stock rears, you lose the parking brake.

Demon should be the one to answer this, but I suspect that his brackets would preclude the use of the E0 front calipers. The brake pad backing plate partually rests against the bracket, and although you could probably mount the caliper, I have no idea where you would find the custom pad that would be required.

Also a question for Demon about the rears. IIRC the hat offset of the old rear and old front rotors is different. You must have accounted for that when you built the new rear brackets. Any enlightenment there?

You didn't read my post. I invented both these brake conversion kits and asked Demon to do final adjustments and modifications to the fronts for me since I had already put on FSVT brakes on the front of my car...

So trust me when I say the E0 calipers will work fine.
I compensated for the rotor hat offsets and diameters in the bracketry and spacer design, both front and rear.

Please keep us informed. Even though my brakes are reasonably new I'm interested in this kind of an upgrade.

I suspect that they will also work on the E0 wheels. I'll bet that you are not able to commit on that point because you have not had the chance to bolt up a set to confirm.

I'm also interested in how you may end up making the brackets. It looks like a good project for a CNC machine if you intend to use billit. Or perhaps you are looking into a casting/forging with CNC for finishing.

You are correct. I do not know if they will fit with E0 wheels because my beta tester had only E1 rims. I was suprised they fit the E1's so easily but DemonSVT assured me that they would clear the wheel weights. In that case, I'm going to assume they will clear an E0 with exterior wheel weights with quite a bit of confidence. As far as interior weights on an E0, I'll need another Beta tester for that.

Oh yeah, you guys should know that it took some Balls for Demon to put this kit on and go out and test them!
Think about it, an untested brake modification.....then do your first 60-0 test and imagine if something didn't hold!!
He did an awesome job of testing, and an awesome job of cleaning up and finalizing the final design of the front kit for me.

Still, you have a point Jim. If anyone has E0 rims and an otherwise stock brake system and wants to Beta Test a set of front brackets, check with me and I might be able to cut the cost pretty low on the front.

Other than Beta Testing, I want all questions about pricing to go to Stazi because if we decide to go ahead and sell them, it will only be through him. I don't have time to go around dealing with the mailing and sales and stuff with my current job and he and I have an understanding on this. Not only that, he has all the other brake pad/rotor combos and it will be easier to get a complete package from him.

OH, and as a matter of fact, NO. I will NOT release the plans, or give permission for others to release the plans or have the designs copied! I put too much time and effort into this, and I also don't want someone killing themselves! I've given out almost every mod I've ever done and some have allowed others to make money on them. But this one is a real safety issue that I went to a lot of trouble to make sure was overbuilt, so it should be left at that.

Thanks for all the props guys, I wanted to do one last thing for CEG even though I was selling my car and this is it. Of course I wont lie and say that it is completely selfless at this point as I really NEED to pay for all my R&D costs.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black