Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
#1512208 03/28/06 04:35 PM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by ElKy:
yes, i cant rememebr which way it turns, but i know that one of the TB gets pulled from the top and the other gets pulled from teh bottom, thus turning the TPS in a different diretion.

thats exactly how mine is turning at the second

#1512209 03/28/06 08:18 PM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
regular V6 tbs turns clockwise pulls from the top, svt counter clockwise, pulls from the bottom.

"we aren't punished for our sins, but by them" 2000 se sport tropic green/gray leather. V6,svt body kit and E1 wheels/Avon tech m500 rubber, many mods. 2003 Eddie Bauer Explorer V8 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S 1996 Mercury Sable
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by JSmith:
all it says is low input, I'm going to guess that it means low input voltage going into the sensor, or low input signal coming into the computer from the sensor.

the simplest thing that could be wrong is that there is a dirty connection at the sensor.

Take the plug off the sensor. I believe that the side of the plug with the wires is the side of the connector with the sockets and the prongs are on the sensor.

Get some electrical contact cleaner and spray both sides of the plug to flush out and dissolve any junk that is in there. Don't be shy with the cleaner and make sure you get the cleaner sprayed into the sockets real well. Then take the plug and plug it in and pull it out, do that a few times. This way as the pins go into the sockets they'll rub each other clean. Then spray it out again. If you have some bulb grease, (I call it di-electric grease) with your finger, or something, with a dab of the grease on it, fill in the sockets with the grease and then wipe a little on the rubber seal but use only enough grease to make the rubber shiny (it will help it go together easier and help keep out moisture.

Then reset the conputer to clear the code and see what happens.

Sounds good. I already put some dielectric grease in there, but didn't clean it out. I'll give it a try. THANKS!

I was just out there trying to clean the connections off, regrease them etc. I turned on the engine, and noticed a very loud hissing vacuum leak. It is coming out of one of the ports on the top of the UIM. It was too dark and cold to try and repair it, but I will in the morning.

The one that is leaking was one that was broken a few years ago by a mechanic. He replaced it, but it was obviously not stock. I think the end is electrical taped...

How do I fix the leak? Just put more electrical tape on?

Is this related to my problem?

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
if its the one that goonz has an extra of, buy his.
if not i would recomend a new one instead of trying to tape it.

the mechanic told you he replaced it? and it is actually e-taped?
i'd be pissed!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by ElKy:
if its the one that goonz has an extra of, buy his.
if not i would recomend a new one instead of trying to tape it.

the mechanic told you he replaced it? and it is actually e-taped?
i'd be pissed!

It is replaced. But I think he ordered the wrong model or something... It is larger in diameter than the other one. I think he got the wrong part and just ghetto'ed it out and made it work. It did work, I have not noticed this leak before, so I think the e-tape just isn't sealing it anymore. The only place it is taped is on the end that goes into the UIM. I think the tape was to seal it up.

I am a little unhappy with the fact that he ghetto'ed it out. I won't go back there anymore... OH YEAH why would I need to, I have you guys! haha

Do you think this might be related to my problem?

See photo, you can see the e-tape kind of:

I added an arrow. Is this where that vacuum tube connects?

Goonz is this the one you have available? In the fall last year when I was at a j-yard I picked up the other tube from the only V6 they had there. This one was already taken.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Damn. Still have the P0122 code. I cleaned, wire brushed and bulb greased the TPS connection and reset the computer. The CEL came right back on. I was able to have it read... same old thing.

Can anyone give me some simple steps for testing the wiring for the TPS? I've not messed with that at all before. I think I can borrow a meter from my FIL.

Any other ideas?

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard