Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
#1512188 03/24/06 10:13 PM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
I want to say that that tube is the vacuum tube that goes into the cabin. Its this tube that feeds vacuum to the HVAC controls to work the actuators that open and close duct valves. I think the EGR valve might also get its vacuum feed from this tube. If its leaking the vacuum pressure in the system will be less than otherwise. If thats the case the EGR won't work properly. The EGR has a sensor on it to tell the computer its position and therefore the ammount of exhast gas its allowing into the intake stream. If the computer thinks its getting an incorrect reading from the EGR valve sensor it will turn on the check engine light.

If it is the case then I think that resetting the ECU will eliminate the check engine light, but it will come back on after a little while.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
#1512189 03/24/06 11:40 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
I'll try to fix that ASAP. Do you think that might be causing my revving problem?

Thanks!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
#1512190 03/25/06 12:43 AM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
And if that is the problem, what code will it be throwing? I didn't get a chance to get the codes pulled today, but will tomorrow.

Thanks!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
#1512191 03/26/06 01:09 AM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
I don't know much about what codes correspond with which faults. You'll find out when you get the codes checked.

Its possible that it is casuing a reving problem.

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats the best they're going to feel all day - former President Lyndon B. Johnson
#1512192 03/27/06 12:56 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by JSmith:
I don't know much about what codes correspond with which faults. You'll find out when you get the codes checked.

Its possible that it is casuing a reving problem.

It is still doing it. I pulled the fuse for the ECM and the CEL is off right now. I thought the problem was gone, but as the engine warmed up, it showed up again.

So more symptoms- it only does it over about 2800 rpm, if you put the clutch in then it will continue to to rev up. If it is under about 2800 rpm it will not. It also only does it as the engine warms up.

Does that help any?

Any further ideas?

I hope to run out at lunchtime and see if there are any CEL codes to pull... But AZone isn't all that close. There is a Napa closer but they laughed at me when I called and asked if they pulled CEL codes for free.

#1512193 03/27/06 08:38 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by JSmith:

Its possible that it is casuing a revving problem.

It is still doing it. I pulled the fuse for the ECM and the CEL is off right now. I thought the problem was gone, but as the engine warmed up, it showed up again.

So more symptoms- it only does it over about 2800 rpm, if you put the clutch in then it will continue to to rev up. If it is under about 2800 rpm it will not. It also only does it as the engine warms up.

Does that help any?

Any further ideas?

I hope to run out at lunchtime and see if there are any CEL codes to pull... But AZone isn't all that close. There is a Napa closer but they laughed at me when I called and asked if they pulled CEL codes for free.

Just got back from AZone. CEL turned back on on the way there. Still showing the same : P0122 Throttle Position Sensor circuit Low Input. (From main site).

Any ideas? I already replaced the TPS last week. Could the wiring be shorted out or something? Did I break the sensor when I installed it? Could it be some other sensor?

I opened the hood this weekend and sat at the wheel. I could see the throttle cable etc. moving as I revved. I don't think it is getting bound up or anything.

Any ideas? Thanks everyone. Sorry to be a pain!

#1512194 03/27/06 09:05 PM
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
I have the same code upon installing a new TPS

#1512195 03/27/06 09:43 PM
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
I have the same code upon installing a new TPS

I know I'm naughty for cross posting this... I thought I'd poll a larger audience...

Did you have the 122 code prior, then you replaced the TPS and still have the code? What sort of symptoms are you having? Anything?

#1512196 03/27/06 09:55 PM
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Stick some multi meter probes in the terminals and see if the voltage is moving or get some one with a OBD scanner and check it. If you have a SVT tb on your car they probably gave you the wrong TPS. You could also take it off and try twisting it with your fingers you can feel it if it is broken it should go nice in smooth in what ever direction your tb twists it.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
#1512197 03/27/06 10:48 PM
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
all it says is low input, I'm going to guess that it means low input voltage going into the sensor, or low input signal comming into the computer from the sensor.

the simplest thing that could be wrong is that there is a dirty connection at the sensor.

Take the plug off the sensor. I believe that the side of the plug with the wires is the side of the connector with the sockets and the prongs are on the sensor.

Get some electrical contact cleaner and spray both sides of the plug to flush out and disolve any junk thats in there. Don't be shy with the cleaner and make sure you get the cleaner sprayed into the sockets real well. Then take the plug and plug it in and pull it out, do that a few times. This way as the pins go into the sockets they'll rub each other clean. Then spray it out again. If you have some bulb grease, (I call it di-electric grease) with your finger, or something, with a dab of the grease on it, fill in the sockets with the grease and then wipe a little on the rubber seal but use only enough grease to make the rubber shiny (it will help it go together easier and help keep out moisture.

Then reset the conputer to clear the code and see what happens.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard