Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by JSmith:
I don't know much about what codes correspond with which faults. You'll find out when you get the codes checked.

Its possible that it is casuing a revving problem.

It is still doing it. I pulled the fuse for the ECM and the CEL is off right now. I thought the problem was gone, but as the engine warmed up, it showed up again.

So more symptoms- it only does it over about 2800 rpm, if you put the clutch in then it will continue to to rev up. If it is under about 2800 rpm it will not. It also only does it as the engine warms up.

Does that help any?

Any further ideas?

I hope to run out at lunchtime and see if there are any CEL codes to pull... But AZone isn't all that close. There is a Napa closer but they laughed at me when I called and asked if they pulled CEL codes for free.

Just got back from AZone. CEL turned back on on the way there. Still showing the same : P0122 Throttle Position Sensor circuit Low Input. (From main site).

Any ideas? I already replaced the TPS last week. Could the wiring be shorted out or something? Did I break the sensor when I installed it? Could it be some other sensor?

I opened the hood this weekend and sat at the wheel. I could see the throttle cable etc. moving as I revved. I don't think it is getting bound up or anything.

Any ideas? Thanks everyone. Sorry to be a pain!

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4