Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Yes, but you don't have to unhook the negative terminal.

Just pull the only 3 amp fuse in the fuse panel under the hood. That will reset the ECU of all codes and let it relearn everything again. It will idle rough when you first start it, but after about 10 mins of driving it will return to normal. If it is fixed that is.

Pulling the fuse is easier than the negative terminal, and will not reset your clock and radio.

Thanks for that suggestion. I didn't know which fuse to pull, so had been unhooking the neg... Thanks.

I pulled the TPsensor and carefully reinstalled it according to the directions on : AutoZone , and pulled that fuse to reset the computer. Still CEL is on and it is still doing the high revving thing, even though it's a little better. It's not revving as high or as often.

Any other ideas? I will try to get the codes pulled again today, see if it is something different...

Could it be the little tube I broke on the weekend? I haven't got around to repairing it yet. This is it (circled). Anyone know what this is (disregard the finger- check what is circled in red):

Thanks again. This is getting a little frustrating.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4