Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by zgendron:
What happens when you let the clutch back out? Does the car accelerate on its own (physically sticking). THat's what happened to me when I needed to replace the throttle cable because it was frayed.

Also, when you rev the car under the hood, keep in mind you're not using the cable to rev it. This would not allow you to replicate the problem. However, are you able to replicate the problem from the drivers seat (while parked)?

No. If I shift and let the clutch out the revs do stabilize.

You are right, I hadn't thought of that: "Also, when you rev the car under the hood, keep in mind you're not using the cable to rev it."

Just got back from AutoZone. CEL code: P0122. P0122 Throttle Position Sensor circuit Low Input.

I bought one, and will get it on there prior to going home. I believe that will take care of it.

Thanks again everyone. NECEG is the best!

Well, any other ideas? Unless I installed it incorrectly (which I'm going to run out and check -- I looked at installation instructions at AZone's website) it still isn't working.

Would I really need to undo the neg. battery cable? I guess it won't hurt anything...

Any other ideas?

Again, thanks for all the help and suggestions.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4