Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by mean'tour:
Originally posted by BrApple:
well I am not possitive but I do know a bad IAC will cause the car to stall, but more often then not that also creates the moose

the TPS is on the side of the tb, so you need to pull the tb off and it is two bolts that hold it on, but be careful as they maybe dificult to get out.

Allright, I'll try that. Darn ignorance, I hate it when it shows but... What is the IAC? Where is it, how much, how hard to replace?

IAC=Idle air controler, looking at the car head on it is on the back right of the UIM, has a hose that runs into the accordian tube, this is where you put the copper cap for the moose/th fix

the IAC is held on by two bolts, you might be able to get away with cleaning it and not need a new one yet. make sure you replace the gasket also

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
well I am not possitive but I do know a bad IAC will cause the car to stall, but more often then not that also creates the moose

the TPS is on the side of the tb, so you need to pull the tb off and it is two bolts that hold it on, but be careful as they maybe dificult to get out.

Allright, I'll try that. Darn ignorance, I hate it when it shows but... What is the IAC? Where is it, how much, how hard to replace?

IAC=Idle air controler, looking at the car head on it is on the back right of the UIM, has a hose that runs into the accordian tube, this is where you put the copper cap for the moose/th fix

the IAC is held on by two bolts, you might be able to get away with cleaning it and not need a new one yet. make sure you replace the gasket also

So this right here? The silver thingie, right?

Thanks for all of the help everyone. I do appreciate it. Everyone on these boards, especially the NECEG guys/gals, have always been really great.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
yeah thats it just to the right of where the hose attaches, it has the two wires running to it

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
yeah thats it just to the right of where the hose attaches, it has the two wires running to it

So I was able to find some time to poke my head under the hood. I found the IAC, but couldn't see where the bolts are. What am I missing? One thing that I noticed was that the hose above (that you put the TH fix piece into) was loose and nearly falling off it's fitting. I put that back on and hopefully that will help.

I went to the Advanced Auto in Attleboro. They don't pull codes.

I was planning on cleaning the IAC up and seeing if that would help. Advanced also told me they couldn't get just the gasket...

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Well, CEL went on today. I'll have to go run and get the codes pulled. I'll post them. Maybe that will help narrow down my problem.

E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Well, CEL went on today. I'll have to go run and get the codes pulled. I'll post them. Maybe that will help narrow down my problem.

OK just got back from AZone. P0171 and P0174. Lean on both banks.

Is that causing my idling problems? Or the problem (probably the idle thingie) of when I think the engine is going to die as I'm pulling away from a light in 1st. It did the idle trick this morning at a stop, and the nearly dying thing on the way back from AZ. It does randomly die at a stop every day or two.

Any ideas? I replaced one of the O2 sensors (I think upstream bank 2) a few weeks ago. Is this O2 sensor related, or IAC or TPS... Any ideas?

Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating...

C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Ok. 1st step. Clean the EGR and IAC. Seems like you are getting the exact symtoms Jay described.

If that doesn't work, replace the TPS, it cheap enough.

Then an upper and lower intake total cleaning.

00 SVT Contour (1584) 04 F-350 XLT Sport V10 02 Honda Spirit 750 64 390 FE Big Block
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Cobra:
Ok. 1st step. Clean the EGR and IAC. Seems like you are getting the exact symtoms Jay described.

If that doesn't work, replace the TPS, it cheap enough.

Then an upper and lower intake total cleaning.

All right, that's what I'll do. Where's the EGR? Where are the mounting bolts for the IAC? I looked and it wasn't obvious.

Ugh, I want to do the cleaning, and I'm sure I need it. I'm very intimidated by it though. Especially after hearing all the problems people have ...

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Try pulling the plug on the Maf sensor and see if it drives any different then plug it back in if it doesn't. And try the same thing for the TPS. This will help rule out the two sensors. This will defenitly through a code but will go away after you plug it back in. No maf should make it run fairly rich in limp mode. Probably the same for the TPS. Good luck.

Green 2000 SVT #1166 mods-K&N and Custom heat shield, optimized y pipe, Magnaflow center resonator, DMDhttp://www.geocities.com/savinoss/Cars.html -Wifes car 99 Mystique V6 5 spd
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
The mounting bolts for the IAC are obvious, you may have just missed them. You can even see the top bolt in your picture. It bolts right onto the UIM. If you have a mirror you can stick down there, it may help you locate them.

The EGR is the silver saucer like thing that stands on top of your UIM. Again, when doing the UIM cleaning, disconnet this valve and give the port a thorough cleaning.

Just dive into the cleaning. Its not that bad. Just take your time and do everything step by step. Give yourself at least a full day to do it your first time.

- Zack WANTED: T-Red HEATED Side Mirrors FOR SALE: 4 14" Alum Alloys and Nearly New Avid H4s Tires w/ Center Caps 2000 T-Red SVT 1995 LX V6 MTX (RIP)
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard