Thanks for the suggestions.

My car has over 118,XXX miles. The plugs and wires were changed less than a year ago. I run some injector cleaner through pretty regularly. I've done it several times in the last few weeks. B-12 specifically.

Alternator? I'm not sure. I don't remember that ever being changed. I had some electrical problems 6 weeks ago and thought that might be the culprit, but it was a short. But the alternator still might not be at 100%.

I'll see if they will pull the codes for me. One time I tried that (I was trying to make sure I had fixed a problem) and they said that they wouldn't try to pull the codes unless your CEL was on, because there would definitely be nothing to read. AZone.

How hard is it to change out an alternator? What do they run? Are there different kinds? I'm pretty ignorant about that sort of thing. How do you test one?

What about the killing thing? The car starts right back up, so unless I'm missing something I doubt the alt. is the cause there.

Darn, I sure like this car, and can't really afford to replace it right now. But DAM there are lots of problems beginning to come up. I know, I know older cars do that.

Thanks for the suggestions.

MUST SELL - ECM computer new for a 98 V6 mtx + pats Now trolling in a Red Nissan 4 x 4