Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Arhethia:
Or are u not intersted in investing in the csvt anymore?

I upgraded my brakes recently and really like the results. So that leaves a few aesthetic mods I have been putting off for...ummm...years.

My car has far more power then the chassis can handle. It is a monster in the first 3 gears. (that's nearly to 100mph) Sure more "highway" power would be very fun but only useful once in a blue moon. My car makes great power coming out of the turns already and that is where I have most of my fun. Plus it's fairly light for an SVT and considerably lighter then a turbo'd car.

I thought about adding larger rims (17") but they would incur a performance loss even if I went with 14lb rims and 24lb tires. Rotational inertia is a biotch and the extra 1/2" of width would not give more then marginal gains in other areas.

My car is setup extremely well considering it's basically a 4 door touring platform that drives the wrong wheels. More power is always nice but it will not make a huge difference in most driving conditions. Case in point is all the high powered cars running mid to upper 13's but trapping huge numbers. I would take my superior quickness below 80mph and nimbleness over huge trap speeds any day.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

I upgraded my brakes recently and really like the results. So that leaves a few aesthetic mods I have been putting off for...ummm...years.

My car has far more power then the chassis can handle. It is a monster in the first 3 gears. (that's nearly to 100mph) Sure more "highway" power would be very fun but only useful once in a blue moon. My car makes great power coming out of the turns already and that is where I have most of my fun. Plus it's fairly light for an SVT and considerably lighter then a turbo'd car.

I thought about adding larger rims (17") but they would incur a performance loss even if I went with 14lb rims and 24lb tires. Rotational inertia is a biotch and the extra 1/2" of width would not give more then marginal gains in other areas.

My car is setup extremely well considering it's basically a 4 door touring platform that drives the wrong wheels. More power is always nice but it will not make a huge difference in most driving conditions. Case in point is all the high powered cars running mid to upper 13's but trapping huge numbers. I would take my superior quickness below 80mph and nimbleness over huge trap speeds any day.

Well you have a nice car....

You seem to be more along the lines of balance with your car. Power hungry is not a word to use when descibing your method of enjoyment. I bet your car is exactly what suits your needs.

Well gl with it.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M

Demon,

Could you go into more detail on how you got 280mm rotors on the rear of your SVT?

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
I am sure he could, but probably won't for a little bit longer...

He's in the same boat as I am. but the stats of it are not something will, afaik, going to be public for at least a little while longer.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Ray:
I am sure he could, but probably won't for a little bit longer...

He's in the same boat as I am. but the stats of it are not something will, afaik, going to be public for at least a little while longer.

Maybe a day or two.............if someone gets off 'is arse!

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R

After visiting your homepage, and reading your cars specs, its bloody quick for a n/a motor, even though its a 3L. If you had a SC/TC, would you really get a quicker 0-60 time for example? 5.1 to sixty is not to be sniffed at!

Of course your 1/4 mile would be less, but as you point out, the car certaintly has enough power.

What is the estimated crank hp?

1996 Mondeo 24v 4-door twin janspeed stainless pipe cat by-pass Phase 2 RS bodykit 16" cosworth alloys K&N RU3530 SVT TB/UIM/LIM poly bushings konis/bat springs/bar Pioneer MSDS Indiglos P&P heads 2005 Mondeo Zetec Tdci
O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Well, if you could pm me, I would like some details of this mystery brake upgrade since I'm about to blow serious cash on the TCE rear kit, but would like to avoid that if there is a cheaper alternative.

Ohsigmachi '96 GL MTX Zetec --I don't won't to hurt you, but it's still on my list of things to do.-- View projectSlippery Slope
R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
Ohsigma,

I'll let Tom PM you, but I will say this.

DON'T SPEND MONEY... yet.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

M
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Ohsigma,

Yeah, just sit on that $ for a few.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoShoĆ¢ā??Ā¢:
Ohsigma,

Yeah, just sit on that $ for a few.

Hmmmm....

(* Focus brake upgrade on hold *)

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard