Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1510339 02/23/06 08:00 PM
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
ok, i agree with the "not everyone wants to do it and is willing to pay for it" but with a buckshot engine, you STILL need to add components to it and still NEED to upgrade the tranny and install it in the car.

No, you don't need to add anything to the buckshot engine at all. It's ready to bolt your heads/etc to and install into the car. There is also no need at all to do tranny upgrades. Abuse kills the tranny, not the extra power. How many broken diffs on stock SVT's and SE's have you heard about? I did my 3L SE for around $800-$850 total and had over 24,000 miles on the swap when I sold it. Never had a problem...

Originally posted by posthuman63t:

But how is an engine with 5k miles on it, that has been completely torn down and rebuilt by someone who knows what they are doing, and knows what is bad and good as far as condition of parts...not as reliable as an engine that buckshot has done? Simply because the engine has been run before vs one that hasn't? If its complely rebuilt by someone with knowledge...it IS just as reliable.

You are almost correct in those statements, there is almost no difference. The people that do know what they are doing with a Duratec, know that the knowledge to rebuild a Duratec is worth money. People that know how to rebuild, say... a small block Chevy or Ford, know squat about rebuilding a Duratec, I can assure you. These Duratecs are complicated little pieces of machinery.

The people that undercut Buckshot now to sell something cheaper are doing exactly what myself and Buckshot used to do to Terry Haines back when BNMotorsports sold prepped engines... providing competition. That's also the reason I no longer prep Duratecs, the money made isn't worth the time spent. I'd charge more than Rick does if I were to do it all over again.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
#1510340 02/23/06 08:08 PM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
What I meant by add components is that you still need to add heads (and internals) LIM, UIM, TB, etc.

I agree with your 2nd stuff though. I was a little overzelous with my "just as reliable" statement. It's more like, pretty reliable for a rebuilt vs. buckshots "no worries at all".

To clear things up here...

I didn't make any posts in here to drive business from buckshot. If you buy from him you are getting a worry free and excellent engine. My original intention was to let the original poster to know that there are other options. Some that will possibly be cheaper in the long run. No...I'm not saying the cheapest routes are the way to go, because your right...you do get what you pay for. I apologize if I've insulted Buckshot or anyone else...it was not my intention.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
#1510341 02/23/06 08:37 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by bnoon:

There is also no need at all to do tranny upgrades. Abuse kills the tranny, not the extra power. How many broken diffs on stock SVT's and SE's have you heard about?

Er..
Tim Kirk
Mark Cox, er Knox
and the other multiple people who've posted about them in the past is a start on broken diffs.

Its almost a certainity that people who dish out the cash or put in a 3.0L are going to 'abuse' their cars, and thus should use common sense and upgrade the transmission. Its like have a hot she-male girlfriend. Sure, she looks good, but under the hood its all f-ed up.

Ryan Trollin!
#1510342 02/23/06 08:43 PM
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

There is also no need at all to do tranny upgrades. Abuse kills the tranny, not the extra power. How many broken diffs on stock SVT's and SE's have you heard about?

Er..
Tim Kirk
Mark Cox, er Knox
and the other multiple people who've posted about them in the past is a start on broken diffs.

Its almost a certainity that people who dish out the cash or put in a 3.0L are going to 'abuse' their cars, and thus should use common sense and upgrade the transmission. Its like have a hot she-male girlfriend. Sure, she looks good, but under the hood its all f-ed up.

Never blew my stock diff, even with all the abuse I put it through. With the 2nd tranny rebuild, and the 3L install, the diff did look like it was on it's last legs upon further inspection. I wouldn't dare install it with the abuse that this motor/tranny has seen.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
#1510343 02/23/06 08:48 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Er..
Tim Kirk
Mark Cox, er Knox

Never blew my stock diff, even with all the abuse I put it through. With the 2nd tranny rebuild, and the 3L install, the diff did look like it was on it's last legs upon further inspection. I wouldn't dare install it with the abuse that this motor/tranny has seen.

Mark

Ok, to me then, but there have been more than a few to post'em up.

Ryan Trollin!
#1510344 02/23/06 08:52 PM
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Brad was trying to say that stock motors have enough power to blow up the diffs if/when abused so it really doesn't matter that there is a different engine in there, it matters who is driving. I agree the diff should be upgraded, but it's not an absolute necessity if you're not going to abuse the car.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
#1510345 02/23/06 09:07 PM
N
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by Buckshot77:
Brad was trying to say that stock motors have enough power to blow up the diffs if/when abused so it really doesn't matter that there is a different engine in there, it matters who is driving. I agree the diff should be upgraded, but it's not an absolute necessity if you're not going to abuse the car.

Rick

Agreed.
My differential is fine and I've launched it hard a couple of times, one with some wheelhop. Not that I've done this frequently though.

If you are doing the engine and have the extra cash then now is the time to do it. Definitely gives you peace of mind...I'm too afraid to launch my car relatively hard without an LSD. Next time I get work done on the tranny a torsen is definitely going in.

Last edited by Nate S; 02/23/06 09:09 PM.

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L
#1510346 02/24/06 06:35 AM
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P

Er..
Tim Kirk

Tim Kirk X 3 I Believe...

CSVT E0 3L 14.5 @ 94mph, Stock Intake, Stock Exhaust minus Resonator, CEL, And Broken Pass. Side CV...Untuned.
#1510347 02/24/06 03:11 PM
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Er..
Tim Kirk

Tim Kirk X 3 I Believe...

SteedaSVT X4 Stupid warranty company wouldn't let me pay the extra for a quaife sooooooooo

#1510348 02/24/06 03:54 PM
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by Buckshot77:

Rick

Exdelayed has even blown the diff in his zetec car Aren't they the same, only different FDR?

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard