Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by ODC:
Haha, this is great.

If this ever goes through, expect a nuclear detonation in one of the port cities by 2010.

How stupid is Bush saying he will veto any attempts to block it. The conflict of interest implications are so staggering its mind boggling to see why any government would allow this; especially the US when the country is on terror alert.

How stupid are you to think that a country or organization with enough resources to buy/take over port facilities would even need to do that to get a nuke into the country. Huge waste of money & resources to do something that can be done just about anywhere along the coastal USA with relatively little effort by comparison.

Just ask the Kennedy clan how easy it is to get things into the country by using the hundreds of hidden coves along the coast of Maine. Through the northern Maine border territory along Canada for that matter - easy. In some cases there are even two parallel roads with no fence between them - just a sign, so smuggling is easy - just drive the truck over. Booze smuggling barrels of whiskey & beer on an enormous scale was done that way - the Kennedys should be able to answer any/all questions about that... Buy a port to bring in a nuke - total waste.

Use your brain, man. Don't let somebody else do your thinking for you...

Last edited by TourDeForce; 02/24/06 02:57 PM.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
You honestly think the Arab nation cares so much about Western wealth ?

They're financing sucide bombers for goodness sake.

And officially, the government of UAE doesn't have to condone the terrorism; all it has to do is just have one person in that organization pull some strings and get the security procedures. "Tell" some radical about this and they'll know how to sneak things into the US.

Officially the UAE doesn't condone terrorism and is very west friendly, but why do you think they stock their schools with the most insane anti-american propaganda ?

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J

Yeah, you're going to have to provide citations on that one.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

And officially, the government of UAE doesn't have to condone the terrorism; all it has to do is just have one person in that organization pull some strings and get the security procedures. "Tell" some radical about this and they'll know how to sneak things into the US.

Officially the UAE doesn't condone terrorism and is very west friendly, but why do you think they stock their schools with the most insane anti-american propaganda ?

I find it funny that Liberials / Democrats scream racial discrimination and how we need to show these people we don't hold anything against them, but now all of a sudden they go back on those words and don't want them running the ports. I don't get it. Which is it? Do you want to hold them close you, and give them free health care, etc? Or do you want to push them away and tell them to [censored] off? You guys are so damned funny like that.

Bottom line it doesn't matter who runs the ports, there is still going to be that huge ass security hole in there....

Ryan Trollin!
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RTStabler51:

I find it funny that NeoCons / Republicans scream about how we need to show these people that we'll turn their land into glass, but now all of a sudden they go back on those words and want them running the ports. I don't get it. Which is it? Do you want to show them who's boss, and make them become free democracies, etc? Or do you want to make nice with their corrupt regimes? You guys are so damned funny like that.

Bottom line it matters who runs the ports, even though there is still going to be that huge ass security hole in there....

I think it's funnier if you say it this way.

Dueling Duratecs '95 SE V6 MTX 0 Mods '04 Mazda6 S Wagon '03 Kawasaki Z1000 But thus do I counsel you, my friends: distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful! Friedrich Nietzsche
O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
I find it funny that Liberials / Democrats scream racial discrimination and how we need to show these people we don't hold anything against them, but now all of a sudden they go back on those words and don't want them running the ports. I don't get it. Which is it? Do you want to hold them close you, and give them free health care, etc? Or do you want to push them away and tell them to [censored] off? You guys are so damned funny like that.

Bottom line it doesn't matter who runs the ports, there is still going to be that huge ass security hole in there....

When did my political affiliation come into this ? I'm not a liberal nor am I a democrat. If you want to talk partisanship, I'll say that you republicans are just being argumentative for the sake of being so, and that you will defend to the death whatever Bush says.

I do NOT trust Arab governments, Republicans, Democrats, nobody should. Racism has nothing to do with this; just common sense !

So from your assertation: there's already a big hole so dont' deal with it ? What kind of logic is THAT ? If there's a security hole, FIX IT !

O
ODC Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:

Yeah, you're going to have to provide citations on that one.

http://news.corporate.findlaw.com/ap/o/51/02-17-2006/fd85001c478e66f7.html

http://www.jcpa.org/art/brief1-23.htm

I realize the last link is from a biased source, but "This committee was established in the fall of 2000 under the Saudi Minister of the Interior, Prince Nayef bin 'Abd al-Aziz. Prince Nayef's organization was also responsible for collecting Saudi contributions during the April 11 telethon for Palestinian "martyrs" on Saudi state television." is as pretty plain as day as it could get.

The Arabs have gold plated jets, platinum toilets, chromed benzes, etc. You really think they're going to be so stringent on what they spend their money on ?

What happened to that rhetoric of with us or against us ? Is that now thrown out the window when a few cents is tossed your way ? Disgusting. I've supported the Bush administration entirely except for one issue prior, now I find this completely disgusting on their behalf to forsake the security of their country in exchange for some kickbacks.

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Neither of those links says ANYTHING about UAE sponsorship of terror. Please try to stay on topic, UAE (which is a sovereign nation) management of US ports, not whether Saudis (which is a totally separate nation and government) are paying money to Palestine.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R

When did my political affiliation come into this ? I'm not a liberal nor am I a democrat. If you want to talk partisanship, I'll say that you republicans are just being argumentative for the sake of being so, and that you will defend to the death whatever Bush says.

I do NOT trust Arab governments, Republicans, Democrats, nobody should. Racism has nothing to do with this; just common sense !

So from your assertation: there's already a big hole so dont' deal with it ? What kind of logic is THAT ? If there's a security hole, FIX IT !

Why is that there are no liberials or Democrats? Weird...

AT my work with all the other 'neo-cons' and 'bible thumpers' (not insuitating that you said that just saying), I'm actually on the opposite of it. Most of them side with you on this issue. :shrug:

As for the holes in the system, I don't disagree, it should be fixed. But there are lots of things we 'should' be doing. First thing, get rid of HSA, its a [censored] joke.

And why don't you trust Arab governments? Because they all want to kill us? Hmm...........

Ryan Trollin!
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I see absolutely nothing wrong with this situation. A company with a very good record for port management all over the world purchases another port management company. Normal business transaction.

The UAE have been allies of ours for a long time, and show no signs that they will not continue to be. The uproar over all this is paranoia and has significantly racist overtones.

Oh, and by the way, these operations have very little to do with port security. That is still a government function, headed by the Coast Guard.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard