Originally posted by Berkel:
Originally posted by Avey:

Heh I was saying that a couple weeks ago when I did mine. Although I would have paid three times as much back then so it was worth the wait. Oh and yeah, bring something comfy to lay down on, you'll be on it for hours and hours.......and hours.

It's not "hard" just time consumming, if you don't run into any problems it should take 6-8 hours.

What if I don't have much mechanical experience..

Would it be more worth it to set aside a few days and tackle it on my own or else just pay someone to do it right?

Thinking about doing headers and a trubendz catback at the same time.

It dosent take much mechanical know-how, basically you raise the car up on jackstands, remove both front wheels, get a creeper or something to lie on and just go nuts
getting torque on any of the nuts is REALLY hard, and guess what, its harder when you have to remove the studs after. Your arms will kill from holding stuff up all day for sure.

There is one thing i did that i dont wish anyone to do, i didnt tighten all the header bolts 100%, i got all the bottom ones and 2 of the top ones on both headers, but the others were IMPOSSIBLE to get at, the design of the Weapon R headers made it so i couldent get at them, let alone get any torque on them.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.