SeVT(Chris) And I got together and did the cleaning. He definantly made quick work of the removal and reassembly. Must be from all the times he's done it. Not a single thing went wrong. Started up after about 3 tries. The manifolds were cleaned out nicely and my secondary linkage was reconcected. I didn't even know it was undone but I suspected something was wrong when minivans would pull away from traffic lights faster than I could keep up with them without an agressive launch.
The cleaning yeilded a slight increase in power and a noticable gain in fuel efficiency. It took me a little over a 1/4 tank to get there and just over 1/8 to get back. Granted the trip back is mostley down hill.

An odd thing though. Chris noticed my uim was a bit rough. As if it had not been extrude honed. It's a 98.5 so I would assume it's a single pass job but it doesn't look like it's been done at all. I'm thinking about getting in on that group buy or even just taking one off a totaled SVT. We'll see. Also, Chris was cool enough to give me a rear reflector to replace mine with the missing chrome strip.

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000