Originally posted by SVTfrog:
Originally posted by LocoGSR:

To me SVT was just a name. I did what I did on a stock ATX/engine and it lasted over 140k. You could never do that in a SVT. Bottom line is you do some research and you are looking for power gains you can do it with whatever you have in your driveway for a fraction of the price. Doesn't have to have a special badge to be fast.

Kremit......go whore the Duratec forums......especially if you are going to put down the Zetec in every post here. I remember a time when you would "die" for the Zetec camp. Don't forgot your "roots."

First of all, a SVT would put down about the same numbers as your car and go faster. And a stock SVT will definitely last over 140k miles. If you're saying you can't turbo or s/c one and have it last, I bet you can find my people in the FI section that will disagree with you. Now, they are putting out a lot more power than a sc zetec, so of course the wear and tear will be a bit more.
I agree with your bottom line, but if you chose to go with a zetec, up to a certain point, you're going to be spending more money.
And you're right SVT is just a name, a name that comes with more performance and better aesthetics.

Hector, I'm not putting down the zetec. It's a great engine. I really don't want to sell mine, but I can't keep 3 cars. But it is just not smart to mod to spend loads of money on it to just barely get it up to the level of a svt since svt's are so cheap now.
Now, if spending huge amounts of money for a ton of power, either engine will do, heck the zetec may even be the better choice. But I have an opinion about trying for huge power in any fwd car.

If the zetec is so great, how come you're in an evo. Don't be a hypocrite.

Let me ask you, honestly how many boosted Zetecs are there in the world compared to boosted Duratecs? Duratecs have a hard time lasting with minimal mods....not bumping up the power almost 70 whp like I did with a stock Zetec ATX. How many people with the Duratec HAVE to build up the engine for boost. I just slapped boost on. The proof is in the pudding....you've posted over 20k times.....have you read ANYTHING?

As far as me being a hyprocrite.......it was time to move on. I had no time or space to work on my car some more. Add in the fact I have a baby girl on the way, now engaged, I needed a newer car more now than ever. So I got an Evo. So what. I still hang out with more CEGers than you ever have. I am still on here helping. I will continue to do so.

You really need to grow up.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ