Originally posted by zm830101:
be advised.... lived their for six years. avoid myrtle on memorial day weekend as well as the following weekend. BIKERS weekends. for some reason all of the motorcycle riders that give real riders a bad name feel for some reason that they must all congregate in myrtle this time of year and raise un-holy hell. NOT WORTH THE HASSLE. any other weekend that i can think of would be fun. but trust me, most of this bunch you don't want to deal with. they besiege that poor city by the hordes rape, mame and pillage then leave nothing but destruction in their wake

Ummm... now this is the kind of information I need...

You mention the weekends, but what about during the week? Current plan is we'll be getting there Monday (Memorial day) and leaving Friday morning to head back to Charlotte to catch the Saturday Morning flight home. I don't mind screaming little kids or annoying students with loud stereos, but a bunch of bikers (especially how you described this particular group) is something my wife and I would like to avoid.

Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Just did a Yahoo! search for Myrtle Beach Bike Week, and it is scheduled for May 12-21... So the week after that (ending Memorial day weekend) is the "Black Bike Week"? Or is there a week between the two with "Black Bike Week" starting Memorial Day weekend and continuing on through the time I am currently scheduled to be there? I really have no desire to be anywhere close by a "Bike Week" of any kind.

EDIT Again: searched on Black Bike week and saw that it is May 24-29 (Ends the day we're supposed to arrive?) Not looking good....

Last edited by SoundQ SVT; 02/19/06 05:42 PM.

Bob Johann SoundQ SVT 1998 T-Red SVT Contour #3088 2001 IASCA Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 SLAP Pro Street 1-600 Champion 2002 MECA SQL Master Class Champion 2003 IASCA StreetX 1-600 Champion 2005 SLAP Expert Street Champion